BJ70 to Lex Conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Thanks 91, my insperation came from Cebby:bling: and the fact that i've always wanted to put a 1UZ into a project:firedevil: ..I'll have to post up a pic once it's finished at the spakies and exhaust guys..and it does look pretty good now..also it drives amazingly as I had to drive it about 8 km's from home to there workshop..with no exhaust and straight outta the manufolds:scratchchin: ...it sounded bloody beautifull barry:newangel:..especially when i started to hit the upper 4000 rpm area..it just started to come into it's own..gawd it was great..LOL and I was following this poxy MU and i'm sure the were shttin themselves..LOL. Not being bais but it's a great swap..gearing,rev range was just awesome..1800rpm and i'm sure i was doing about 80-90 km in 4th with 5th ready for crusing the highway..it should be by rights doing about 1500-1800 tops at 100 km's an hour (Just think how fast i could go @ 7000 rpm..gawd..LOL)put wings on and i'm sure i'll fly.. hehe i'll keep yall posted by wed/thursday..cheers everyone..

H55F gearing:
1st....4.843:1
2nd....2.619:1
3rd....1.516:1
4th....1.000:1
5th....0.845:1
Rev....4.843:1

R150F gearing:
First Gear: 3.830:1
Second Gear: 2.062:1
Third Gear: 1.436:1
Fourth Gear: 1.00:1
Fifth Gear: 0.838:1

You've definitely got a low 1st gear compared to mine... must have gobs of torque.... :09:

It must really wake up on the redline in third. :burnout:

Sweet setup. Still waiting for pics :approve:

Take care, Eric.

Bit of an update..the exhaust has been done..2 1/"4"primary's into a 2 1/2"main:privateeye: ..single exhaust and it's sounds amazing:nana: ..all i can say really..real nice low rumble from idle(you can hardly tell it's even running)to about 1500 rpm then the tone changes from that to a real nice high pitch roar..ROAR:sasmokin: ..hehe will post a pic on saterday now i'm doing a cashie..till xmas..hehe(working sux..zzz)will try to get a sound clip also..cheers all..:nana:

Bit of a update,Have been driving around with rego,warrant(still have 1 month before it runs out and then i have to cert..)2nd gear is where all the fun is..LOL and when you get it all happening on the road it sits around 2.3-400 rpm @100kmph..not too bad..doesn't pull hard when in toip though due to the 33"tires i have but it's way better then the original 3B diesel motor it used to have..I'm just tiding up some little thing(should be done tomorrow) and i'll post up a pic..she's a real head turner for the blokes bloke..LOL
Will keep ya'll posted later..cheers

Bit of an update..I continue to forget to get the camera out when it's outside..LOL now I've dropped the oil for the sump to be mod'd due to articulation of front axle..(Beato may as well do this as he will later..)I put the bump stops on and the measurement left meant that I would smash the sump up about 40mm or so..so now i'm going to just cut a section out and it should be sweet..will post a pic once it's be welded up..cheers all

Hey Big, Be careful that the amount you are going to cut out of your sump does not greatly reduce your sump volume or effect the pick up.
I only say this because Thommo modded his sump and the first outing saw him starve the motor and spin a bearing.
His advise to me was to enlarge the sump capacity at the rear and fit internal baffles.
Anyway seeing what you have achieved so far I'm sure you'll work something out mate.
p.s. 40mm sounds like a lot more than mine, maybe my engine is mounted higher.

Thanks Beato,I've just fixed the rear lsd pinion seal+the power steering pump leak i had..zzz only thing now let to do is the sump..as far as baffles...shouldn't the standard sump be ok if I just keep the volume the same?This is what i'm thinking..when i cut away the side that needs to go and either just increase the depth and or side to accomedate the loss..! did that make sence..LOL..or is baffles really needed..and if so what by design..?cheers will post up a pic tomorrow ..haw haw haw..:haha: LOL if i remember the camera..hehe

Sorry I can't be of any more help. Thommo did post a pic of his modded sump on Australian 4WD Monthly but he has changed his user name and I can't find it. A few other guys here in OZ are using the CRS sump, but at $600, I think I will take a chance at modding.
I think you have the general idea so good luck with it.

LOL, Funny you should mention the snorkel.
I have been told by "Bundy", an OZ member on here that has a 1UZ in his Bundera, that when he hooked his snorkel up that the ram air effect made the air flow metre go spastic and caused the engine to cough and splutter.
When I found this out I was spewin cause my rig never had a snorkel before the respray, so now I've cut one in I may not be able to use it.
Anyway I'd be keen to see how you go, I'm going to get mine goin before I connect the snorkel to the airbox.

haha i hear ya:006: ..but that depends on the "Hat"you have on top..seeing as I'm having a Isuzu airbox slightly mod'd and a 3"mandrel bend snorkel,I'm thinking of a pre airfilter something a rather on top so when driving forward it doesn't "force"air down the snorkel..LOL if that makes sence..hehe:arms:
This sump thingy is starting to get me thinking about how to do it..bah..i'll think about it laterzzz..:icon16: hehe cheers

bit of an update..Modified the sump last night for the trip tomorrow..worked a treat..I have lost about 200 mils from the 5 ltrs recommended..not bad i think and with the trip today it wasn't an issue(the track was very rough and shaking the bejesus out of it..LOL)
took her on her maden voyage today:la: ..120 kms of 30+ deg heat(google the Nevis Valley..) and at the worst it got to 102 deg(hill climbing) and settled down nicely after about 5-10 mins to an average of 90....gawd it was hot..performed like magic:saeek: ..just one thing to remember all you peeps..MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN 4X4 DRIVE ...lol I thought i was in all day and when came to a quite a rutty section and floored it I got stuck..(thinking..mmmm something not right here..turns out the plug behind the switch had fallen out:261:..after that, it was like i was floating a rose pettles..LOL)and the sound..GAWD.. it was beautiful barry:smlove2: ..hehe
Wifee has poached the camera and I cannot find it and she's away..zz so will try at last to get a completion pic and video if i can do that..big cheers to all and a merry xmas..it's just around the corner you know..:bigeyes:

Attachments

• gts copy.jpg
    gts copy.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 313
Well here you are a pic at last:biggrin: ..I found my old digi camera.hehe also some pics of the sump mod i did..hope this can be of help to someone..cheers all and Merry Xmas..vid to come later..:drive:

Bit of an update,snorkel has been fitted and is looking good,just need a hat and it's complete and also have spend the last few days and nights tracking down an annoying fault I had...it would just shut off..turns out it was a very slightly wiggly pin on the ecu that controlled the fuel pump signal:eek:mfg: ..LOL go figure but now it's sorted..have just 1 pin whole in the sump to fix and we're ready to rock & roll hard..:firedevil: also I need to grind off a small portion off the cross member to allow the front shaft to get full articulation..it's rubbing on it and if not fixed will cut the shaft in half..zzz
and another thing.. it's farking thirsty..hehehe but as a toy fark it..:yikes: oh and will be working out a simple plan to wire these puppies up..(the way i did it..LOL)

ahaha...you're funny smitherzz:sasmokin: ..have got a new xmas pressy..1 gig memory for ma camera:fest30: ..so i'll try to make up a vid in the next week or so..have a lot on my plate start to the year and it's not looking like it'll stop till end feb..:sorry:

OK bit of a update..Muffler after the first big day out has seen it almost destroyed.:sigh: .gotta get it replaced(Exhaust man is good about it..warantte job),also have just about got a PTO winch setup instead of a electrical winch setup:cool2: ..have to change how the exhaust is going to run.. another thing..the winch challange that i'm aiming at is in March and i'm hoping to have a video of how I go then..lastly..I forgot to grease up the input shaft end that goes into the spigot bush:banghead: ..zzz(sometimes there is a vidration,sounds like the clutch having a fit..lol) so I have to drop the box out and do that before it decides to shyt inself or the clutch,input shaft end..but basiclly just a few little things to get right before I get it cert'd..yippee
cheers