BJ70 to Lex Conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Ok..at last we have some newz..CRS are re making the adaptor plate to cater for the 12 deg offset..which means i won't have for at least another 2 weeks..:( or so..good newz is that they are making this a standard item now..wohoo..should have been fromt the start but hey..at least it will be for everyone else..LOL
cheers K

iEvoego - f it's a standard auto box you're after, they're cheap as chips and you can often get them for next to nothing (I gave my one away to Rusty ages ago)

Big - that's great news that you'll get exactly what is required, it's just a bugger it's gonna take ages.

Quick update..:nana: CRS have redrilled he correct offset to align the adaptor to box correctly and have shipped it as of yesterday..should be here in next few days then we shall see some action finally..:sasmokin:

Here's the picture for you Adam.. showing the slave cylinder and fork setup from original and new bell housing's..excuse the pictures ..i was feeling a little artistic..hawhawhaw..:salook:

i see you found the air flow meter on TM. I recently split a loom off a motor for a guy down south and this has freed up an air flow if you miss out on that one - cheers

Quick update..I should get the Bell housing tomorrow or day after:eek13: and I have just picked up my hydrofan setup..photo to come..not more to report..until I get the parts..This has taken way too long but at last It's starting to come together..Also probably goin to convert to 12 volt..seems this will just simplify things no end..:sgrin:

OK...at last I can start this beast...Have got the bellhousing on and guess what...Thay have OVER corrected it by around 1 deg.:banghead: .LOL..I'll be shiming the box if need to fix this..not waiting again for another 2-3 weeks or more..I need to play in it..lol will post up pics and mounts later this afternoon..Cheersssssszzzzz:sigh1:

OK... here is the update we all been looking for..lol
Engine installed..made mounts,As you can see from the pics-it is sitting pretty well level and is way back in the engine bay,sitting about where I think it should giving plenty of clearence around the Lex and on top and under..I might have to address the sump when I give it full articulation but until then it is looking good..I have corrected the over correcting of CRS but as far as I'm concewrned they should have tere **** together and not guess..but as a whole it has worked out well.
There has been a little masaging of the firewall to give adeguate clearence of the cam/rocker covers..enough to put your hand in between and your fingures along side the chasis rails for the alternator and air con..Engine mounts have been added for reference.If I have done something not quite right let me know so I can fix it..(this is my first convertion)and I want it to look right and perform well..
Wiring and fuel/Exhaust to come..enjoy

Ok quick Update..I'm re wiring the whole truck to 12 volts..this will be the simplist thing to do and actually wont take too long..Have got a EZ mini 21 kit on it's way.
I've got the power steering sorted..getting the hose to hydrofan extended,just need the ecu shortly,Exhaust manufolds will go on today,will be getting the fuel pump shortly also,All in all I hope to have this going next week..or sooner..also the radiator is getting the bottom outlet changed from one side to other.

Cheers
:beerchug:

Ok quick update..here are some pics of how things have been put back and I might say it is working out nicely..I have managewd to use all the original shroud,radiator(had bottom hose outlet shifted),power steering(just had to remove the lex outlet hose and i just plugged mine back in),oil cooler for hydrofan setup(had to plumb this in using bits and peices from other cars to get it to work) and currently wiring up this puppy..I have a EZ-wiring kit to convert from 24 to 12 and so far things are working out ok,i've been inspired by mycarhaspossessedme to do a nice and neat job and so far things are going well,the box that i've used is waterproof when the lid is on..i'm going to run a vent if it's going to be a issue....here's a few pics as I can't work out how to post in between each pic..lol enjoy..Oh and the mess in the cabin,I'm leaving this last..lol

Looking good - do you have your wiring diagrams? Was hopeing to get out to the soarer but it is raining so have been housing hunting. You will need that to sort the fan. Cheers Kelvin

Yeah I do gloverman..of the sorts..hehe It is like adapting the EZ wiring kit to the lexus wiring sc400 diagram:Eyecrazy: ..it's taking a bit to sort out but I want to make sure it works 100% instead of second guessing..Will be getting the intank fuel pump is about 2 days..so i want to have everthing else done when that arrives..anyway I'm almost done with the engine bay side of things and then onto the cabin area..shouldn't take me too long(I hope..LOL):icon16:

Looking good - do you have your wiring diagrams? Was hopeing to get out to the soarer but it is raining so have been housing hunting. You will need that to sort the fan. Cheers Kelvin
On that note..how much are you after for it..? just i'm now trying to watch the fund vouchers as the wifeee is starting to get a bit pissed at how much..LOLmind you I think that would be the very last thing I need..LOL

Can ya let me kow..cheers and thanks..
Oh and I'm in the process of wiring the ecu..should I use the starter relay to start the fuel pump and ignitors etc..?I've got the provision for it just most of the colours in the diagram are different and tracing them is not much fun..LOL I've traced the temp and oil to the orange plug(cluster plug i think) and then I have to wire up the power to ecu,I think I got most of it sorted..(first time for everything eh woot..:sasmokin: )I hope I've not missed anything..anyways cheers

Howdy Big,
use the ecu to start the fuel pump/relay and the ignition switch (in on position) to power up the ignitors/injector 12V feed etc - often a good idea to hide a kill switch in the feed to the ignitors etc as well (good theft protection)

Muzz