BJ70 to Lex Conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
:sigh1: Just realised something else..lol but the box isn't exactly in the middle of the tunnel..:banghead: so i';m guessing now i have to remake the crossmember...it's starting to drag on..i think..anyways will keep ya'll posted..

rx7..it's listed in a previous post..

Attachments

• Picture 040.jpg
    Picture 040.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 11
Just read your post on the previous page about the tilt on the gearbox problem. Thommo, another member on here had exactly the same problem with the CRS kit with his 1uz conversion into a middy. He sent the bellhousing back to CRS and they made him another one allowing for the gearbox tilt. Now this would have been nearly 12 months ago, so don't let them tell you they did'nt know about this problem.
Just a heads up mate, you should get what you pay for.

Hi, I had the same problem with fitting a 1UZ into my FJ62. I still have the template here to make an adaptor. I no longer need it. You are welcome to it if you can postage from Auckland?

so basically they haven't allowed for the angle of the previous engine.
Can you rotate the the gearbox to vertical i.e different mounts?

Yes he could rotate the gearbox to verticle, BUT why should he have to when he has just spent $2K+ on a kit that "SHOULD" bolt straight up?

so basically they haven't allowed for the angle of the previous engine.
Can you rotate the the gearbox to vertical i.e different mounts?
No the previous engine is straight up and down it it the g/box that is on an angle. The issue is that they haven't taken into account the original bolt placing and how the g/box sits in relations to the engine.

I wouldn't even contemplate chaning the angle of the g/box as Toyota spent millions developing a car that has worked effectively like that for decades.

No the previous engine is straight up and down it it the g/box that is on an angle. The issue is that they haven't taken into account the original bolt placing and how the g/box sits in relations to the engine.

I wouldn't even contemplate chaning the angle of the g/box as Toyota spent millions developing a car that has worked effectively like that for decades.

Exactly...i have to ring them to see if they will foot the bill for postage..seeing as there error and i DID tell them before they sent to kit,they should pay..will keep ya'll posted on outcome..

Yes he could rotate the gearbox to verticle, BUT why should he have to when he has just spent $2K+ on a kit that "SHOULD" bolt straight up?

Just had a thought, what does your crossmember look like? mine is like it has a slant/angle to one side of one of the mounts? does yours? it could mean that i just change the crossmember from another model..but at 2k+ i think it should be right..

Attachments

• ECU2.jpg
    ECU2.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 10
Your right, you should get what you paid for. It just depends if theres a time issue.
I saw a quote from Carrol Smith (engineer to win) something like, If the machine shop makes it wrong they eat it, if you gave them the wrong dimensions you eat it. I think you'll be going hungry.

Your right, you should get what you paid for. It just depends if theres a time issue.
I saw a quote from Carrol Smith (engineer to win) something like, If the machine shop makes it wrong they eat it, if you gave them the wrong dimensions you eat it. I think you'll be going hungry.

You miss quote me,I'm not going hungry..see thing is i pointed it out before they supplied..!!so It's there error..but thing is i have already payed so do i go hungry because they don't wanna fix it..??I don't think so..:madfawk: Have received my DHL box's so now i just have get a hold of CRS to see if they'll foot the bill..wish me luck.

Well I have had a good response with CRS.They are footing the bill for freight back to them and back to me..:happysad: So to get action,do what i did and go to the head man,Spoke to the GM and he sorted it in like 15mins..yippee:006: so for now i have to wait.. :28:
Cheers

Keri

Glad to hear it's all lookin good Big. Here's a before and after pic of my firewall. Of all the forums I have my buildup on, I have never posted these pics before. P.S. Yes my box is tilted aswell.

100_0683.jpg

000_0169.jpg

As above still waiting for the bits to come back..hope they are here this week and i can start this beast..BTW chucked in my job ast week so i can get this thing happpening..:sly:

Evo, there's heaps of places round Christchurch. Any of the performance/stock car places down Moorhouse Ave could put you in touch with some good suppliers. Failing that give Kaiapoi conversions a call.

Muzz