BJ70 to Lex Conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
i will check one of the looms at work - I have a complete one out the back at the moment and one with some cut sitting on a motor. - we used that loom along with an auto in scotts ute. Just done a couple of other lexus less the auto both had different looms Also wired a spare relay block and fusebox. I am going to prepare the other two full loom motors I have ready to be fitted. I could almost prewire a loom for your one off the stuff I have. I prefer the non traction control loom. Trans wiring is easy to remove but that body plug usually has the hydralic fan solenoid wires in it.
Good the CRS do the kit you need. I like the look of the landcruiser - much stronger than the surf / hilux gear -

Looking good. cheers

Gloverman,If you could do a loom..perhaps I could swap your one out with mine and pay you for your time..? saves me trying to work it out, not that I can't just I have a 24 volt system and i'm thinking i have to convert to a 12 volt system.. if i have to do that then i'm not looking forward to it..but if i can start on a 12 off the lex starter and run on 24 then that would be preferable..mmm
Just throwing around some ideas as I do have a club member who is shall we say very talented (Aircraft Engineer) and he's saying it's a peice of cake...lol

Ordered the Bell housing kit from CRS just now :006: ..seems it'll take about 10 days to where i am..:boggled: so nothing more until this gets here..keep you'll posted..:la:

My wife likes the idea of a holiday in Queenstown as well. She understands my obsession - two 1uz's left my shop today - only have 6 left but should get another one on the weekend and Scotts ute (see other threads) will come back soon then off to cert.
anyway - I think swapping to 12 volt would be the best way to go. 1UZ has 12 volt alternator and starter. Parallel the batteries - or ran one. Change all the bulbs to 12 volt and check radio (may have voltage dropper) and all done - dash bulbs may need to be done as well. I will look into wiring options next week - cheers

Thanks Gloverman..I was heading towards that..all bulbs..and lights.. BUT i have just bought a 24 volt winch...gawd...LOL Is there any way of running 24 and 12 together..?or just the winch?

:la: Quick update.. I had to remove the ol 3B to do a few measurements for CRS as they wanted to be absalutely sure they got it right..:la: Here are some pics of the sarga..lol Mota out..I think there is a slight 6 deg angle of the box to mota.. There's me stuck in the engine bay measureing everything..:crazy: All is good now..just need the bits from CRS so i can start putting everything back together..Stil not sure on the offset of the rims as well..thinking there could be more offset..to help roll over..lol

I've asked the question but at this stage nothing so far..might have to buy another winch 12 volt.
Gloverman,curious but wouldn't i have to change all the relays etc as well..? I was looking in the engine bay just now and saw that all the relays are for 24 volt..thinking that if i run 12 through them it wouldn't hurt them but would there be enough power to run them fully?

Also I'm guessing that seeing as this was a diesel i'll need a surge tank and external fuel pump..?
Wonder if i could run the mota at 12 volt and the rest at 24..?anyone..?

Quick update,

The Bell housing Kit has just arrived into the country..yipee..:006: Just needs to clear customs and I'm guessing it'll be here by the weekend..(fingers crossed)
Also i'm on the scrounge for a AFM..anyone in NZ have a spare one? or even in Auz..?let me know and then i can git this :hail: beast up and running..
Still thinking of the electrical problem but a good mate of mine (Air Craft Engineer) is coming over tomorrow and might be able to sort all this out..:smoker:
Will post up some pics of bell housing etc when i git them..

just a thoght is your winch a warn? the solinoids are the same! as i have a 12volt warn on mine and when i went to get some more solinoids .....same part number maybe change motor someones selling replacements on ore and rewire the solinoids .might be a cheaper option

im green i can see how mine will look as my 70 is the same colour lol

Update, Have unpacked the clutch kit and flywheel and it looks really good..quality and how it bolts up..i'm very impressed..even has a 10" clutch..so i'll add some pics tomorrow of all the bits..
Shodan..i hear ya..and yes i love the colour..lol..hehe red = will go faster..LOL

Quick update , here is a pic of all the parts from the bell housing kit:006: ,everything measures correctly and I just hope that when i get 4 bolts it'll bolt straight up:saevil: ..it looks like it will but hey..won't no till i do it..:la: Quality of all the parts seems very good.

Quick update..been really busy with work and RL things so I haven't been able to get the 4 M12 1.25 x 90mm bell housing bolts which i need and the original flywheel bolts are only 3 mm short..? are they long enough..? they wind up 7 turns..so i'm guessing that this is ok? seeing as for wheels, the nutss need to be 6 turns on..Could anyone let me kow if the flywheel bolts are ok to use..Cheers:feedback:

With any bolt regardless of the size they must go in AT LEAST the same length of thread as the bolt is thick. SO if the bolt is 10mm thick the thread MUST go in at least 10mm.

Cheers stormtrooper but i have opted for new bolts that will do the job and are well in truely long enough.. M10x30 1.25 as I only needed an extra 3-4 mm these screw in more the factory..cheers
Update,just picked up my bolts as above and will post up some pics of bell housing and clutch setup later this week or in the next few days.
New bolts needed for this Kits are

M10 x 30mm pitch 1.25 (30mm being minimum)
M12 x 90mm pitch 1.25 also (these will bolt right to the inside of the bellhousing making for a perfect fit.

Cheers

Update...the bell housing and adaptor alignment does not meet correctly.:lame: .having to get a hold of Craig and CRS and ask them to supply a new adaptor or bell housing..pain in the Ass but at $2500.00(Landed in NZ to my door) I think it should be right,i could easly have taken to a engineer and have them redrill the bell housing but as above I'd like it to look factory as a posed to butchered:261: ..and the cert guy thinks the same..bugger and as you can see with the dowls on the block,all bolts and dowls are level with each other..so I'm not going to have the engine on the piSs because of a cockup..Also..thing is i pointed this out at the very begining when i ordered everything...so now i'll have to wait for probably around 1-2 weeks to get this sorted..more time delays..