BJ70 to Lex Conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Uploading a very short version now:popworm: :twak: and It was not allowed due to it being too big:damnit: :duh: will post up link when it's ready..but it's bloody slow..zzzz

OK...HA..here it is:1244:
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg_jyqPTvI
.. now this has been shortened to just under 8 mins...tubeyou has lousy quality so you just have to get over it..this took like all night to upload:squintfinger: ...and I've had to cut it to peices just to get it to 8 mins..LOL:zx11pissed:
It might not look much But it was a BIG hole and took over 2 hours to get me out..These vids were made from my little point and shoot camera so it's not long,currently looking for a good quality digi vid camera to take away..:smokin:
My wish list after this trip is :saevilw: : Air Locker up front,Internal Bead locks all round,and Plasma rope(Dynamica rope):bling: and as you can imagine..these are not cheap..dammit

Bit of an update now it's been a while since last post.. Trucks going great except for...Loose pins in the ecu plug.. dam small but i've narrowed it down to this..problems have been..

No idle when cold = cold start curcuit..
Little hunting from ecu..
just stopping
won't start (will turn over from S/M)
probably going to have to remove loom and tidy up all the loose wires etc(been putting this off)

Lets say I think it's not desigend to be thrashed and shaken to death..lol..
Also have broken 2 engine mounts so far..lol

Things it needs.. Locker up front and also one in back if budget permits..when i can get one that is.

And a mate of mine gave me a bilge pump..cheeky bugger..lol gotta fit that too.. :)

Attachments

• T56 to A340.jpg
    T56 to A340.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 50
Well it's truely has been ages now.. Thought i'd drop in and update a few things..
1 = issue I have and from what I can work out .. it's the fp running at full when wot is applied and from what i can work out it's keeping the injectors open after you go to idle(too much pressure..?) any of you fuel guruz can help?
2 = Currently building another truck and depending on weight factors will sc it..:D it's a way better platform as I have out grown my 70 now and want the next level..lol.
Everyone in the club are saying I'm mad..:eek: but even If i sell my 70 it won't come close to buying all the parts etc to build me new rig.. so I gotta say my lovely 70 s going to the chop.. Once I get a little further down the road I'll start another thread..

It has been a while. Next time let me do the wiring for you and maybe you wont have so many issues there. I do like 70 series trucks - we have one here at the moment. Cheers

Well it has been ages yet again.. and alas I'm posting to say the 70 will be no more..
It has run flawlessly now for around 2 years(over 3 years since build up).. after getting the little things sorted.. BUT I have out grown the 70 offroading and have been working on another project using the lex etc from my 70..
I pulled the engine yesterday.. :(.. sad day really..
It is going into a way better home.. :D but I have to work out some details.
Basiclly it is a 80 series chassis with a 73 cruiser cab cut down to a 2dr running the lex. it'll be a awesome club truck come winch truck when finished. Coils.. oh will be so great..along with a longer wb..
I might start a thread here with details, i'll see if there is any interest first.

Happy new year to all and season greetings..
Keri

HEllo again everyone.. I was in here looking for a post about trans id's and for the life of me cant find it now.. been a couple years..And in that time I've built my new truck..
Currently running the same manual etc and engine setup and has been very relaible and great offroad.. Currently thinking of going auto.. I have one here but no loom for it etc.. so there is a lot to think about all over again..Anyway here is a pic of my new beast and it goes so much better than my old girl its just not funny.. But totally different setup for off roading:D Oh and it's still a 70 and still thinking about a blower..

Attachments

• IMG_1763.jpg
    IMG_1763.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 16
well howdy everyone, truely has been ages.. and I was looking through lex for something else and realized that i haven't updated anything for years.. :( anyways.. i was talking about blowing my thruck etc.. and well i have,
Made a manifold, stuck a m90 on it with 9 psi up it..and its goes really good ;)
this is part of the dyno runs.. this vid was just before we delaminated a tyre at around 220km / hr on the dyno.. so we stopped doing 3rd gear pulls and 4th gear ones..lol
Then we got this result after a little mucking around got to 592ftpds :) so pretty happy with that