BJ70 to Lex Conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
OK here's update..I'm a little stuck with the diagrams..the wiring colours are different and all i need to get is the ecu power,ignition feed and injector feed..I think I have everything else right but with only essentially 1 plug cut..i'm hoping that all you genius's can point me in the right direction..(I'm no auto electician-just your joe average master of 1 and play with everything else..only way to learn..hehe)
Plug A and B plugged into what? not too sure..
Instrument cluster plug I have got temp,oil sender feeds..anything else I've missed?does a ignitor feed for tacho come to same place?
The cut wires..I'm assuming that these used to goto ignition switch etc..as the ignition wire(fat B/R) is cut and goes to near ignitors are-the 3 pin plug..also the same plug you use for the soleniod to starter motor..
There is 2 wires cut(both lime green sort of colour)and come out next to AFM plug..and cut there too..what are these for?have I missed anything..?
Any help,pointing in the right direction would help lots..Cheers Keri

Ok guys..here's an update so far..engine bay all but complete:biggthumpup: ..just need to find a spot for ecu,and sender wires going to ecu(long story)radiator hoses need to be connected..exhaust also needs to be made.also I have to modify my airbox to fit in there somewhere..lol.last pic is my work bench..LOL bit messy but hey i DO know where everything is..:headbang: I've left the ecu out for the time being to do a startup once i have the fuel pump..i'll hook everything up and do a test run to make sure everything is sweet ass..yeehaa..:notworthy: in the mean time while waiting for the fuel pump..i've got the cabin to wire up and dash..gawddd....cheers Keri

I'll take some pic's sometime tomorrow of what the connectors plug into on the car. I haven't tackled the rats nest of wires on the inside of the parts car yet. What I can say is that they plugged into a wiring block that extended the wires to elsewhere.

I will fire out to the soarer after dinner to find the cooling ecu and the plug for the fuel pump ecu as long as you use them you can have them- one day the favour will be returned - LAMBO wants some suspension as well. Scored another soarer today so now have three that I am wreaking - cheers

gloverman,I don't suppose you could see if the passenger side exhaust manu is available(SC400-soarer)..mine has the flange broken off and I got another but it was from a celsior..(a little bigger at the first primary..)..?and space is some luxury i do not have on the passenger side..LOL.Also..hehe I'm on the bludge..the airbox..? do you think it would fit on the AFM side..? or do I have to get a box madeup..
BTW thanks G for the bits..what comes around goes around I'm sure..thanks mate..cheers keri

I will fire out to the soarer after dinner to find the cooling ecu and the plug for the fuel pump ecu as long as you use them you can have them- one day the favour will be returned - LAMBO wants some suspension as well. Scored another soarer today so now have three that I am wreaking - cheers
are they just sort of falling into your lap..gawd so many bits and not enough projects..LOL that is awesome newz..cheers Keri

pm your address and I will courier them down - with luck you can get them for the weekend. I have the temp sender for the bottom of the radiator - the cooling fan ecu with plug and fuel pump ecu with plug. Cheers

Bit of an update,i have installed the walbro fuel pump inot my fueltank using the Tanks Kit-not too bad and installed without a glitch,having some issues with the indicator,wiper stick switch..dam too many wires..LOL i'll get there but to take my mind off it the fuel pump was it(just need to clean around the neck so dirt doesn't go into the tank now it's nice and clean.
Many thanks to gloverman(Kelvin) for sending me those bits i needed and i really appreciate it-THANKS.(still need to let me know postage at least)Just need some fuel pipe and a couple fittings for pump and it should be all go..yippee..Cheers everyone

Well bit of an update...put the fuel tank back in,plumbed it up and IT LIVES:eek:wned: ....LOL after all the few headaches that i've had over the last week...I have finally managed to get to the heart of the topic and it's a breathing firery beast.no manufolds on and is reading off only 1 O2 sensor..and I tell you..what a noise..YEEHAA..:saevil: Tonight will be having a few :friday: to christian it..It just sounds sooo horney..hard to discribe it really compared to my ford XR8..totally different sound..anyways i'll try to get my camera to do a sound clip..LOL ..BIG CHEERS to gloverman for helping out with the bits and pieces..(send a company sticker and I'll put it on the truck..:biggthumpup:-sort of a sponser thing..)might have to get a couple off Lex as well..??hint hint..cheers all Keri
Was so excited i had to tell someone and only person who i could think of that would appreciate it was gloverman..we had a good ole chatter..hehe thanks.

Great to catch up. Different to be on the receiving end of the first start up phone call. I have done a few to different customers. Last one was a text at 1.30 in the morning (the man worked night shift so he didn't mind) Another one that should be ready for christmas - Stickers will be on the way - cheers Kelvin

Congrats on getting her running mate. Glad your conversion has'nt dragged on as long as mine, but I hope to have mine fired up soon.

Bit of an update...Had all the wiring hanging off the truck for easy diagnosis and it ran beautifully ounce wired up:bling: , I then started to move the components into the cabin area and thats when the fun started..LOL...:zx11pissed: All i can say is make sure you earth EVERYTHING...LOL It made me go over every connection about 200x install-uninstall about 50x then to only work out that the ecu wasn't earthed properly..grrr but now it's all sweet..ecu's all installed into cabin area and running.Have got the clutch(slave cyclinder),4x4 switching,exhaust,air box,dash,to sort out and thats it..yippee..cheers-will post up some pics once it's all completed which i hoipe to have done in the next week.:loser:

What i'll do is make a diagram that shows the how to hook up the relays and corresponding wires..(that I used anyway) so It should make for a easy install..all in all there are only about 9-13 wires that need any power and feeds and your set..will post up later..cheers:slomo:

Bit of an update,just had the cert guy around and is saying it's all good..just need the exhaust and a few electrics finished along with the new tires I've got(33" x 12.5 x 15 superswampers now for winch challenge rules) cheers..will post up a pic or two when cert'd..(or finished which will be next week.):rocketwhore: now I'm having a few :alcoholic: to relax..hehe

Looks good... I've been wishing I had done a 1UZ instead of a 2JZ conversion recently, I've got a broken wire in the loom somewhere... really hard to find :-(

Well abit of an update,I've changed wheel size from 34"x10.5"x16 to 33"x 12.5"x 15's and there is a maked difference in height..the 15's are about 1"higher then the 16's...go figure..LOL but at last it's looking as I'd hoped for:firedevil: ..will get a pic later today..cheers everyone..

What i'll do is make a diagram that shows the how to hook up the relays and corresponding wires..(that I used anyway) so It should make for a easy install..all in all there are only about 9-13 wires that need any power and feeds and your set..will post up later..cheers:slomo:

any progress on this?

Trucks in getting the few little things i couldn't get done..done + exhaust which is wednesday..once back i'll draw up a simple diagram..also i have the cad dwg for the factory exhaust manufold flange..seems it's not around so i'll upload it for everyone to use..:smoker: hope this helps..cheers

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg