Best place in SoCal to live?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Thermactor

I'm thinking about moving back out to California after I graduate in May. I've lived in San Diego before for two years and loved it, but will need to go where the jobs are. Anybody have any recommendations on good places in southern Cal to live? If L.A., which city in LA?

It is depend on your job location and you lifestyle. Good jobs and great place to live would Orange County. Irvine is one of them. Living expenses are high at Irvine but I think was voted one of the safest place to live. If not you can always move near my neighborhood. I said NEAR.. not next too... LOL....

It is depend on your job location and you lifestyle. Good jobs and great place to live would Orange County. Irvine is one of them. Living expenses are high at Irvine but I think was voted one of the safest place to live. If not you can always move near my neighborhood. I said NEAR.. not next too... LOL....
LOL don't worry, I won't bug you! I might help out to come wrench whenever needed!
All right, OC is high up on that list. Very good. Lifestyle? Well, I am kind of frugal, definitely not extravagant in any way. To start out I'll most likely have to rent a room from some person off Craigslist.

I come and go from Colorado where I go to school and then back to CA for summers and it's just crazy how much more expensive CA is. I have a 2 bedroom apartment (900sq/ft) out here that only costs $650/mo and the same place back home would be well over $1000. Like David said, what area are the jobs located?

Pomona for $400 is a very good price, just make sure you rent a garage for your ride. Mine lasted 2 weeks out in CO before someone tried ripping it off. :mad:

Thanks for the posts and the room in Pomona sounds amazing. I'm not particularly worried about my car getting ripped off. I maintain a 100% stock appearance on my cars inside and out. And if my car gets ripped off - it's just part of living in the big city.
CA living costs can be managed and mitigated to the point where differences are negligible. It just takes some strategy and doing, but I've done it before and it worked out perfectly.

As far as smog testing goes, have a hookup for that? My car would pass the sniffer and OBDII plugin but the visual inspection might get thrown off by the sight of a polished supercharger under the hood (which would be disconnected from the engine, intake and drive-belt wise)
The blower even has a carb eo number on it but I don't think that would take me very far at all.

Last edited:
I have a guy in Corona that I plan to take mine to once it's tuned. $200 cash to smog any ride but it's totally under the table. To be honest, the LS400 has a lot of wiggle room at the smog shop. I deleted my EGR, and took out my center cat and I still managed to squeeze through the test (the local guy here doesnt do visual inspection, numbers only).

Anyone have any contacts in Orange County for a job or room?

Dont come to my neighborhood. My next door neighbor got burglarized last month and the same guys came back yesterday and hit 4 house down. The son of my next door saw the same van and he told his mom and his mom call the sheriffs. 25 cop cars surround the house and caught two guys. Yes my neighborhood. So DONT COME....lol

Dont come to my neighborhood. My next door neighbor got burglarized last month and the same guys came back yesterday and hit 4 house down. The son of my next door saw the same van and he told his mom and his mom call the sheriffs. 25 cop cars surround the house and caught two guys. Yes my neighborhood. So DONT COME....lol
Your and your neighbor should have a block gate and hire 2 armed securities to protect your neighborhood.

It feels like I'm moving into one of those gritty '70s crime movies centering around New York. Or an early '90s growing up in south central LA movie. :D

It's not that bad, but I would seriously invest in a quality alarm system. LA has crime, period, no matter where you live. Although David's area seems pretty quiet from what I have seen.

Sorry to hear that David. 'Least it wasn't you. You have that great gate closing your yard too.
Mammoth is still safe :)

Decide which city you want to stay.. I have some connections on room rental too. I know a place in Pomona $400 for the room.
I'm packing my crap into my car and am going to head west in a couple of days. I'm starting to look for rooms right now. Is the Pomona place still available? Any more info about it?