Bentley GT Engine Pictures

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mshawari1

This car was in the air-condition workshop …

I have couple of comment on this pictures:

- See how is the intake manifold is welded !!
- That turbo is hanged in un horizontal position .

Funny how dirt can be such an equaliser. A dirty motor in a near-million dollar car looks no different than a dirty motor in a beater.

That's not the prettiest welding on the intake is it? You'd think with something as visible as that on such a high end car, the welding would be a work of art.

I'm with Jake, where's the throttle body? Maybe upstream of the turbo? Not the best place to put it with some turbos - and maybe this one too, judging by the oil stains around the area of the turbo.

Nice looking COP setup :hump:

I think upstream of the turbo is out for the throttle body, i see a flexable rubber house leading into the turbo, not the best idea to have behind the trottle body.

Maybe drive by wire ITB's under all that plumbing then, like BMW are doing?

Wonder what vintage that Bentley is? If it's newer than 2000, it may well be DBW ITB's.

Those old Bentleys were cobbled together by an organisation that wa
s going broke.

Nothing good about them other than the badge!

I feel sorry fo W.O.

regarding the dirty engine bay:

the every day temperature over here at 2:00 PM is 50+ C.
other thing is the weather is very dusty …

in all cars you will see oil leak every where due to oil evaporation

Those old Bentleys were cobbled together by an organisation that wa
s going broke.

Nothing good about them other than the badge!

I feel sorry fo W.O.

What year is the car ( obviously pre VW) as I saw a mint early 90's Bentley Turbo R last night at a car show and the plenum from the factory was a work of art ( all finned, enamelled and detailed) that plenum is an abortion in contrast. Also the injection system was a Bosch derived mechanical unit not the ugly electronic system you see there, and is that coil on plug ignition?

Sorry it appears that you are looking at a bit of cobbled together aftermarket engineering , nothing like original, not befitting the Bentley name. My thoughts are that the money to burn ownerwanted a faster Bentley than anyone else, gave it to a local tuning house and said "make it as fast as you can...."

It does happen you know ( Those Lexus engineers are probably fuming seeing their beloved executive waftmobile engine being thrown into Utes, sandrails, Cobra, planes, boats etc......and then being subjected to loadings and boost the engine designers never anticipated.

Cheers,

Tony

PS If you ever have the chance to visit the Bentley factory do not hesitate, the workmanship is breathtaking.

It does happen you know ( Those Lexus engineers are probably fuming seeing their beloved executive waftmobile engine being thrown into Utes, sandrails, Cobra, planes, boats etc......and then being subjected to loadings and boost the engine designers never anticipated.

I would assume the oppisite, if i spent a better part of the late 80s devloping an engine for a company like toyota to put it into a car that would only ever get an auto, i would be proud to find out 20 years later people desire my engine to put into mudding/hill climb trucks, dragsters, drift cars, bossted it to hell and all rave about how it takes every bit of it and keeps on going. i would be proud i did my job well and build something that way out performed its goals.

I hope those engineers where kepped on and promoted well, maybe they are the ones working on the F1 cars now, who knows.