Bent Valves?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MikeC218

New here but have been reading the posts for my 2000 Lx470, thanks for the past help.

I noticed my pulley tensioner was rattling so I replaced the pulley thinking it was out of balance. It seemed fine, so I went to the store, and on the way back, the car dies, I coast into a gas station and pop the hood. The belt had jumped off the crankshaft pulley and pushed it back toward the engine. The belt is now on the Harmonic Stabilizer. Instead of replacing the pulley myself, I called my local guy to tow it into his shop and repair it. He installed a new pulley, and the car would not start. He replaced the spark plugs, and it would not start. Then he tells me that plastic from the pulley braking got into the timing belt housing and made it jump six teeth. His final diagnosis was bent valves.

So, I performed a compression test, and all of the cylinders came up with 88 to 90 PSI. Is this possible? I know the readings are low but is there another reason for all of them to be this low and consistently the same PSI?

Serpentine belt wont effect compression whether its fitted or not will it? If cambelt is not correct compression test could be out. I would be refitting cambelt correctly, possibly be pulling tappet covers to check under there for excessive clearances before condemning the engine.