belt slip

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

zen

any ideas how to stop??6 rib belt 8 rib sc (m112)..dont really want to replace all the pulleys...

cant see how to make extra pulleys by the sc as belt runs directly down from sc with top rad hose inbetween them..extra pulley= no rad hose..

beefing up the tensioner and maybe squirts on belt(anti slip??)

thanks

Back in the day, Richwood warned me against a six rib setup with an M112 for that very reason, and I even had slippage with a full 8 rib setup, but only above 20psi :)

Can you get any more wrap around the charger pulley by redoing the belt routing and idler positions? Perhaps go with one of those special gator back belts? Think Whipple or Magnusson carry them?

Can you post a pic of your belt routing? There were 2-3 different belt routing setups for the M112 that seemed to work.

6 Rib Belt slip

I'm not getting any slip on my 6 rib, but I designed the idler pulley setup for max rap on the M112 drive pulley.

Attachments

• Idler pulleys.jpg
    Idler pulleys.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 20
  • M112.jpg
    M112.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 19
thats same as mine,,except you got bigger s/c pulley so getting more wrap..

cleaned the belt up..seems to be ok for now..possible contamination?

Pulley Bracket

I fabricated it out of 3/8" plate aluminum using existing engine bolt hole locations to secure it. Pulleys are timing belt idler pulleys, the only thing I could find that would be small enough to work in that location, works great. Center pulley is located at the original idler pulley location. Water bridge radiator connector was moved to accommodate M112 belt path routing. Pressure will build to about 6.5 psi with the 3" pulley, routinely it is about 5 psi. Very nice for a daily driver.

i just got a pulley boys 3.5 pulley, am very happy with the quality , but it’s a shame they engraved there name on the pulley , it looks terrible, not even done nicely at all. I am going to have it machined flat on the face to remove it.

Looks like i will be having some fun measuring out and aligning the pulley offset. It looks like everyone has done it their own way when it comes to pulleys and belt setup design. I was asking because a tiny part of me was hoping like mad there was a place to buy an “off the shelf” unit made by and for 1uz owners. Ha ha ha .