Bearings

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I called u my local Lexus Dealer and tried to order a complete set of bearings. Main bearings, Thrust Bearings and Rod Bearings. The sell person is very experience and i have dealt with him for many years. Strangely as it is. He can not sell me any bearings unless i give him the rod "mark" Meaning without the rod code, he will unable to match the proper bearings to the rods. I told him that i will be using after market rods with stock spec. He can not get the bearings unless he has the code.

What is going on here. He stated that there are many combination and possibilities. Have you guys experience this?

I went to my local toyota dealer, and the parts guy had NO IDEA that there was a 4.0ltr V8, he kept on asking "Are you sure it's not the 4.7ltr?". I had to point out the LS400 out the front for sale saying that it has a 1uz in it. He did try to help but he had no clue to what I was going on about.

I'll give a detailed answer tomorrow. I'm too tired to think right now...spent over 12 hours at the track today,too much tire smoke and race gas LOL

Ok,

I contacted www.naparts.com and talked to Dan 866-582-0942. I got the followings from him. I got Federal Mogul Bearings. King Bearings doesnt have the 1UZ bearings yet.

Main Bearings = $79.46 (Part number 7366M)
Thrust Bearings = $10.16 (Part number 4786F)
Rod Bearings = $42.50 (Part number 4785P) (List price is $170.24)

Total was: $132.06 plus $9.25 shipping. Now, I have all the parts for the short block build up.

Lextreme said:
I called u my local Lexus Dealer and tried to order a complete set of bearings. Main bearings, Thrust Bearings and Rod Bearings. The sell person is very experience and i have dealt with him for many years. Strangely as it is. He can not sell me any bearings unless i give him the rod "mark" Meaning without the rod code, he will unable to match the proper bearings to the rods. I told him that i will be using after market rods with stock spec. He can not get the bearings unless he has the code.

What is going on here. He stated that there are many combination and possibilities. Have you guys experience this?
Stock rod big end (crank end) inside diameters and crankshaft main outside diameters vary is size. You will rarely find a factory crank with the diameter on all the mains or a factory engine with the same big end diameters on all the rods. Toyota marks the rods/crank mains from 1 to 5,1 is the smallest rod big end ID and largest crank main OD.

Aftermarket companies will pattern their design on one certain rod,you will need to find out what OEM mark rod the new aftermarket ones are based on...of course you should double-check the diameters by measuring.

To get the correct thickness bearings,add the rod number and crankshaft number (example:rod cap "3"+ crank "1" = rod bearing "4"). The parts guy will be able to order the right ones then.

Crankshaft bearings are similar. The block and crank will have five sets of double-digit numbers. Block will have numbers from 00 to 16 while crank will have values from 00 to 12. Each set corresponds to a certain crank main or block cap. The first set is for the first main/cap,second set for the second main/cap,and so on. You add the values together,and the value determines what bearing will be needed: 0-5 = bearing 1, 6-11 = bearing 2, 12-17 = bearing 3, 18-23 = bearing 5, 24-28 = bearing 5

I can also post what the actual thickness or diameters of those numerical values if anyone's interested.

ACL do all bearings and piston rings as well, I will find out tomorrow on prices and if they do a full kit