Seller Feedback Be careful....

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MWP

Its a very bad idea to have negative comments on businesses in a internet forum like this!

I know of a couple of internet forums that have had to close due to users posting bad comments about businesses.
The business then sued the owners of the forum for defamation (i think thats the correct legal name for it).

you can only be sued for defamation if the information supplied is incorrect.

we won't tolerate opinions or second hand experiences in this section - as per the sticky thread at the top of the page.

this section is for first hand experiences with companies and/or individuals. be it bad or good, only facts are to brought to the table. if this happens, no court will consider defamation as a defence for poor workmanship.

in australia, we aren't protected by "free speech", as with free speech comes responsibility. so anything with a ".au" after it can fall under australian law.

american forums (.com,.net,.org etc) are protected by the american constitution which outlines free speech. you can not be sued for something written on an american forum if it is completely factual.

but, thanks for voicing your concern. there have been a few aussie sites i have been involved in personally that have been sadly shut down due to "opinions"... HRH for one, cruizin, a small toyota forum....

Attachments

• 1UZ-FE Block - 1.jpg
    1UZ-FE Block - 1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 1UZ-FE Block - 2.jpg
    1UZ-FE Block - 2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 1UZ-FE Block - 3.jpg
    1UZ-FE Block - 3.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 1UZ-FE Block - 5.jpg
    1UZ-FE Block - 5.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 1UZ-FE Block - 6.jpg
    1UZ-FE Block - 6.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 1UZ-FE Block - 10.jpg
    1UZ-FE Block - 10.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 1UZ-FE Block - 12.jpg
    1UZ-FE Block - 12.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 10
Like Pro said, if it is the truth we should not be afraid of that. We dont promote false accusation. Here is one of the example of my feedback ssautochrome Forum is a great communication tool. If someone in your area is having bad experience or service from a shop. It is important other members should know about. Another example would you went and ate a local shop and u had a terrible experience. You most likely would tell 7 people. However, if you have great experience with another food place, then u most likely to tell one person. Since the ssac article, i had numerous emails from potential buyers, but they all turned away from this seller.

If the lister tell the truth, then we should not be afraid of type of legal issue. However, it is the poster responsibility to tell the truth and the poster is responsible for what he post.

Pro said:
but, thanks for voicing your concern. there have been a few aussie sites i have been involved in personally that have been sadly shut down due to "opinions"... HRH for one, cruizin, a small toyota forum....
Overclockers Australia forums is another... AFAIK the largest internet forum in Australia.
They fought it though and the forums were brought back to life a few months (and thousands of $$s in legal fees) later.