Battery being drained

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fastegg

'98 LS400.. Something is draining the battery when everything is switched off... Before I take it to an auto electrician, any suggestions what it may be ?

First items to check would be anything electrical you've changed or added, or any aftermarket items added by someone else.

After that, if you've not done a lot of electrical troubleshooting, and/or don't possess the meters, amprobes, etc. to do more detailed checking, it probably should go to an automotive electrician.

Flat battery

Thanks cribbj... nothing appears to be on.. Ive only got a small Odyssey battery so it flattens quick. I replaced the stock 25kg battery with a 5kg Odyssey (680cca).. turns the motor faster than stock...
.. Car is 'nicer' to steer and steering more responsive through quick L-R-L-R roundabouts.
Anyway.. looks like the auto elec... thanks :)

Battery issue

First items to check would be anything electrical you've changed or added, or any aftermarket items added by someone else.

After that, if you've not done a lot of electrical troubleshooting, and/or don't possess the meters, amprobes, etc. to do more detailed checking, it probably should go to an automotive electrician.

Mr cribbj... It turned out to be the battery. It is an Odyssey PC680 only 2 years old... and its stuffed... goes flat in about 5 minutes. And to make matters worse, they wont honor the warranty. Not happy... $250 paper weight.

I had a single 680 on the Supra for awhile, and while I liked the reduction in weight, I just couldn't count on it. Later I upgraded to a pair of 925's wired in parallel, and they had much more reserve.

Its not the lack of reserve so much, it would just go flat overnight...GRRRRR
And as for they B.S. warranty, they told me that whatever was wrong with it was my fault. They said if I left the headlights on ONCE and flattened it NO WARRANTY... If it ever got charged at more than 15 volts NO WARRANTY
If it dropped below 8 volts NO WARRANTY... And since I'd never had the charging system checked it must have been that. They also said the 680 isnt for passenger cars but could not tell me why. They said the warranty covers manufacturing defects and since my 'issue' wasn't a manufacturing fault NO WARRANTY.
They said I must have either left headlights on, charge system not up to scratch, faulty alternator, over charging... blah blah blah...
I argued that on their website it has a FULL 3 YEAR WARRANTY. It says EXTREME BATTERY...(EXTREME B.S.!!!!!!) It doesn't say subject to strict conditions. The car has never had charging problems.
So bad luck sucker, we've got your money so push off and don't bother us again.

I'm fairly sure you won't bother them again to buy one of their batteries?

GRRRRRR.. The most expensive battery on the market !! And the worse thing is I made a fibreglass battery box for it that's laminated to the stock battery carrier. Now I have to get another carrier and go thru the whole process again with something else !!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Attachments

• IMG_1093.JPG
    IMG_1093.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 4
The PC680 cold cranking amps is only 170 , the Lexus needs 600CCA , or the PC1220 if using the Odyssey , I think you've been given the wrong battery. They have mis-interpreted the CCA .Just looking at the ong youve used its looks smaller because it just a small battery! But not up to the job

Just noticed you have a sound system that would benefit from a larger battery as well , also is it completely off (including amp) when ignition is off?

Pc680

Well, It says on their brocher that the PC680 is suitable for a 5 litre V8 racing car (600hp). So assumed it should be ok for a 4 litre @300hp. Nowhere does it say not suitable for passenger cars. Interestingly, the 680 turns the starter at probably twice the speed of the stock battery so buggered if I know about CCA's.....
Either way, the fact they fobbed me off at every front and didn't even suggest a bigger battery would have been better really pissed me off. They implied that I had stuffed the battery through neglect, inadequate charging system, whatever, not by being too small, whilst still in the warranty period.
They never state that the warranty is subject to STRICT CHARGING CONDITIONS.
Extreme battery my arse.....