aux input with factory headunit cd changer

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Tisk Tisk

hello,
My 12 disc cd changer died some time ago and has been removed from the car, I was thinking that I could use the output lines from the cd changer to the head unit to plug in my ipod as a kind of aux input to the factory headunit. I used the wiring diagram to find the 4 wires labled CDR +/- and CDL +/- and wired them to a stereo input jack but the headunit will not switch to CD mode without the cd changer installed, it seems to be looking for some return signal from the changer. Does anyone know how to fool the headunit into thinking it has the changer installed so it'l switch and read the ipod??

Thanks
-Jake

Attachments

• P1030571.jpg
    P1030571.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 3
  • P1030570.jpg
    P1030570.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 2
um maybe by doing something to the wires with power, like maybe remote to something....like to send a lil power signal back to the stereo....you could also get one of those little radio transmitters if you cant figure this out....

update

When the car is off there is power on the violet w/white wire all the time. When you turn on the stereo there is power on the green w/black wire. I have tried connecting power and/or ground to every combination of other wires and have only succeded in blowing the fuse for the radio.

My next attempt was to use a resistor to apply a simulated load accross the powered lines to ground. This had limited success, the head unit will now switch to CD mode for a few seconds and then switch back to radio, im not sure what signal it is looking for and I don't have a CD changer to plug in for further testing, if someone else has one and wants to continue testing this idea there is a schematic available for download with the wiring diagram for the stock radio and CD changer here:
http://www.lextreme.com/Lexradiowcd.pdf

Or if anyone wants to donate/sell me their old CD changer that doesnt play CDs anymore I would be very happy to continue this research myself.

Thanks,
Jake

[email protected]