Wanted ASAP Crank angle sensor 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

-Nemesis-

As per the title, after a known working 1UZ crank sensor asap. I sold my 4runner to a mate and it has bit the bullet after a few water crossings and coolant drinking.

Not 100% sure it's the sensor (likely, the timing is coincidental with repeat water crossings (4WD)) so before we go overboard would like to test another working one.

Will need postage to Tamworth NSW asap

[email protected]

BTW, symptoms are all of a sudden rough running. Won't idle right, sputters and farts like the timing is out. This is within 2 min after a deep creek crossing, it started during constant slow driving, no harsh accelerator movements to throw the timing out etc.

Have cleaned and dried every connector on the engine. It keeps throwing a Code 13

Discovered a nice coolant leak too, probably more the cause over time?

Last edited by a moderator:
1998 ls400 lpg

hi mr nemesis... sorry to hijack your thread....
i have a 1998 LS400 and wish to put it on liquid injection LPG.... how did yours go ?... who did it ?.... how does the power and torque compare to petrol ? how much did it cost ?.........sorry about all the questions but do tell......

Check this out! Despite my hopes though, cleaning it up like new with contact cleaner and clearing codes mad no difference. The sensor checks in at 11k ohm or so, spot on.

fastegg: I didn't/don't have liquid lpg mate. Check the alternative fuels section for info i'd say

Last edited by a moderator:
injected LPG

yeah... i was just reading about it in alternative fuels.... There's a guy in Brookvale in Sydney who's done many liquid LPG injected Toyota V8 land cruizers with success and although he's never done a Lexus V8 he reckons he can confidently fit it all up and do the mapping. (i'll make it easier for him as i have a Dynojet wideband air / fuel ratio guage with 10 minute data logger and an exhaust gas temp guage) The LPG 'donut' tank that fits in the spare wheel bay is only 61 litres.... i would like to spend the money and have the spare wheel recess cut out and enlarged to except a 78 litre LPG tank and the spare tyre will just live in the boot ..... so instead of $110 to fill it up it should be $40-odd....... coooool ! then i can drive around on the pedal everywhere and not worry about $$$$$$$

Desperate! Vehicle is grounded till fixed, trying to avoid paying for a new one in case it's not the issue.

Also, am chasing the plug for the LHS (RHS looking at front of engine) coil as mine snapped :S

Bryan,

That plug is on the lead that plugs into the main loom above #1 cylinder is that correct?

The lead also has the crank angle sensor and cam anngle sensor plug for that side of the engine.

If so I have one for you.

Hey Rod,

TBH mate I'm not sure exactly what else is on that harness, but it's the right side of the engine so it sounds promising.

I'm basically after the clip that powers the coil, but, if it happened to have some harness to suit the crank sensor as well that would be double gold, in the off chance the issue relates to the harness somehow after all the contamination!

pm me with a $ number for it and shipping to Tamworth (to my baby's new home) if you could champ!

Bryan,

That plug is on the lead that plugs into the main loom above #1 cylinder is that correct?

The lead also has the crank angle sensor and cam anngle sensor plug for that side of the engine.

If so I have one for you.