ARP part no for head studs

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I'm a few stages behind but i decided to tap the thread further down the hole. I use one of those endoscopes, that link up to the laptop, just to see what was going on down the hole. The thread only goes down half way, so I just used a set of m10 1.5 taps to take the thread down lower. Seems to have done the job.

Would like to machine the heads nut seats by a few mm, just on the two under the left cam wheels. That costs money though and you have to rely on some one else and wait for them.

Did try to mill the heads myself but wasn't happy with the mill bit in the piiler drill, it wasn't very central. So the head is off to the machine shop to have about 3mm milled out. Just hope there is enough metal to spare. Only doing the two under the cam wheels on the left head as all the others seem fine.

Your right the was a bit of clearance but it was under 1mm, with one thread showing. Will fined some thinner washers as the ARP ones are thick and a bit of an over kill. They wound be fine if the head was torqued to 200 lbs but 60 lbs isn't that much.

Last edited:
What do ARP recommend ?? I have 110 lb on ARP Dart block Ford .. I doubt an alloy block would take 200lb with 10mm ??? I would have thought 30lb and 90* ??

yes the torque setting of the ARP is 60 ftlb, The washers though seem a bit of an overkill i would use them if the torque setting was 200 ftlb buy its not thats why i will be using a thinner washer.

Can we verify if these will work on 2uzfe?
Sure - If we look at toyodiy we see lots of parts interchange between the 1uz and 3uz with ease , and then there is the other uz , the 2uz which takes many different parts , some interchange but they tend to have their own bits , including the head studs. Video on ARP bits.
and link to suprastore who list 1uz/3uz head studs separate to 2uz. ARP Head Stud Kit UZ Series V8 1UZ 2UZ 3UZ - note I'm not associated with suprastore , but I do know the guys there via internet chats.