Anyone know anything about the 1GGTE?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sniper

Super Moderator
I was just looking through some ebay stuff and ran into a 1GGTE. This is the first time i have heard of such a motor. It looks to be a Twin Turbo 2.0 Liter In line 6, yes SIX. Anyone know anything about this motor? what are its limits? specs? hight, weight and so on...only thing i see wrong with it is the intake manifold design. It looks VERY restrictive. With a new veilside style intake and a good single turbo setup, it looks to be a nice little package. Anyone know about this motor in detail?

They are great engines.
Very popular here in Australia for putting into Celicas as they are almost a bolt in to replace the R series engines.

I could give a bit of info, but you would probably be better off going to the Aussie Toymods forums and doing a search.
Youll find all the info you want plus MUCH more on the 1G.

http://www.toymods.org.au/msgboard/

another questions is can i bolt the R154 trans to it.

If i use a turbo engine in my 240, my long run HP goal is going to be about 600-650. That would be enough to get the car into the 10s with good traction. Right now the only motor i know i can drop into the car with no big issues is a 1JZGTE. Im just looking for lighter/smaller alternitives.

Wow.
That would be a LOT to get from a 1G.
Remember it is only 2L.
Could probably be done, but who knows how much it would cost.

As for the R154, as far as i know, the 1Gs only ever came with W55/W57/W58's behind them.

megh, i guess 400~450 would be enough. If this motor is light, revvy, responsive, then its worth it.

Much better off with 2JZ if you are chasing that power.
Infact, just stick with the 1UZ.

Its only 10kg lighter than the 1UZ, and 200-250hp/L from any motor is a big ask if you want to keep it revvy and responsive.

I wouldnt choose a 1g if those were my goals
Although... you could try a search on some australian forums for a toyota celica (ra28???) with the plates morbst or something similar to that?
Hes running a 1g and is in the low tens high nines iirc

Logan

i remember seeing that car in a zoom mag a few years back.
im with every one else here i wouldn't use a 1g for that much power
get a 1jz if you want a 6 cyl or a 2jz if you got the cash
otherwise use a 1uz weight would be pritty much the same

1G will make more power than a 3SGTE because it has a smaller stroke, thus being able to be revved harder.

There is just no aftermarket support so things will cost more.

Not sure about weight though.

Thank you all for your input.

With forged internals, worked over crank, and a built valve train, how high do you think i can build a 1JZ to rev up to? After a few months i may go single turbo on the 1JZ, maybe a pair of HKS twins, but they wouldnt be stock. but at that point, the fuel and ecu system would not be ready for 600 RWHP so it would only be at around 350ish. I guess revs arent the most important thing but revving out a motor into the 8s or even touch 9 will never get boring