Anyone designed motor / transmission mounts for a 2nd or 3rd gen 4runner/truck?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

subgenius

If anyone knows the exact location of the mounts on the engine and the chassis, I'd be willing to draw something up in Solidworks and have these mounts professionally made (alternatively with rubber as well for a little bit of damping)

Anyone have these dimensions?

I am currently working on this very thing. I have already designed a weld on flange to make a prototype G/W series bellhousing. And I have a 3rd gen pickup I will be putting it in. So I will be designing some bolt in engine mounts.

nice. i'm just starting to research the feasability and cost of this project. right now i'm just trying to decide between a 2nd and 3rd gen 4runner, and whether or not i want manual or automatic. which are you going with?

I am actually doing two of them

1988 4runner with a the stock W56 tranny, and a 1989 pickup with the lexus auto(which I might change out later to a 4wd auto)

Gotcha. I'm kind of leaning towards an automatic GS400/tundra hybrid just based on durability. Do you know if the transmission mounts need modification as well?

i guess most folks are just making brakets as they see fit and not taking the time to design them (which isn't necessarily a bad thing...)

i'm just wondering if it would be advantageous to add some rubber for some damping

I'm using the lower half of the 3VZE mounts (which have rubber in them) for the motor mounts. My trans support setup will likely be unique from everyne elses since I'll be running dual cases.

here is one of my mounts. I used the 22R rubber section so it bolts right to the frame.

moz-screenshot.jpg

rubber_mount.jpg