Any one know anything about the first Whipple superchargers built by Sprintex

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

redrocco

Looking for info about the first Whipple superchargers built by Sprintex from 1988 to 1990. Theres probably not many of them still around and most people never knew about them. But on the chance that some one hear has any knowledge of them I would like to ask a couple questions about how they were setup and how to figure out there displacement.

Have a look at the Jonbondperformance site as it has a sizing chart for whipples. AFAIK they were all made by Opcon anyways so should get you very close.

Opcon

Google Opcon Autorotor, they are the early Whipples. You looking for one? They seem to be very well built. This one is for a 454 Chev, it's super clean, the rotors are perfect. I got it from a neighbour who was going to put it on his truck, but sold the truck before install.

Attachments

• DSCN0389.jpg
    DSCN0389.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 10
I did finaly find a site that listed sprintex models and there displacements and the sprintex blower that I found for sale was only a 1.1 L.
The sprintex blowers are diffrent from the opcon autorotor units. Whipple used sprintex blowers for a year and a half before switching to the opcon blowers, sprintex built whipples are very rare these days and date back to the 1980's.

Google Opcon Autorotor, they are the early Whipples. You looking for one? They seem to be very well built. This one is for a 454 Chev, it's super clean, the rotors are perfect. I got it from a neighbour who was going to put it on his truck, but sold the truck before install.

What's the displacement of the opcon? I am looking for a twinscrew in the 2.0L to 3.0L range or a Lysholm built whipple 1600ax as that would be a cheep bolt on replacement for mine that died.