Any one interested in a sport compact racing league?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Is this a joke? and whats the point of racing against other cars on the road? Isnt it against the law to tow a trailer that weighs more than the towing vehicle as well? Is it performed on a closed course???

So many questions...

No joke this is real! All 18 wheeler boxes weigh more then their tractors so its not illegal. And it doent have to be on the street i have seen it on 1/4 miles strips too! the point is for an outlet of all the extra power that we can make with our TT 1UZ engines. plus its just freaking weird to show up at homedespot or something towing an 18 foot trailer with your lexus... i know cause i do construction and i always got made fun of when i showed up at work with a trailer load of wood behind my 89 integra :)

Maybe im just crazy but i thought i would see if anyone else was too...

Cheers!
Jake

Having any vehicle/trailer combo with a weight distribution greater than 50:50 is extremely dangerous. The prime mover on a semi does way less than it's trailer, but they don't "tow" the trailer like a car does, the weight is actually distributed over the drive axles and acts as one unit.

If you have a trailer heavier than your car it will severely effect everything about it, especially safety. There's no way your going to stop in a hurry for starters, and even if you have super brakes on the car, the trailer is going to try and push past the car. It will spear the car off the road. Among dozens of other issues.

And yeah, if your motoring authorities know the first thing about vehicle mass etc then it will be highly illegal for sure like it is here. In fact you will be exceeding your 'Tow Rating' of your car and it's GVM. Which is illegal in itself; Even if that rating is less than the weight of your car (which it will be by far.)

Then there's issues like modifying your vehicles chassis which can have unknown effects, and would no doubt be illegal without engineering approval etc.

Just some words of advice from someone who works in a Heavy Vehicle weighstation. Just because the Integra can pull the trailer to the desired speed, doesn't mean it's satisfactory at towing.

lol, then i guess you arnt one for modifying thngs huh? anyway thee are alot of safety things that can be used including but not limited to a "fifth wheel" mounted over the rear axle if you are doing a hatch back, if seen this work very well on smaller cars. also tow stabilizer bars and most importantly trailer BRAKES. electronic trailer brakes are available on most factory pick-up trucks atleast here in texas for towing "goose neck" trailers that can weigh as much as 20,000lbs loaded with unstable cargo of cattle. electronic brake sytems allow you to enguage the brakes on the trailer from inside the tow vechile seperatly from the normal gravity brakes of smaller trailers.

With a properly secured and balanced load properly attached to a properly modified chassi this kind of racing can be as safe as any other.

anyway i was hoping for some positive comments from some people who might be interested in doing similar projects to mine.

thanks
Jake

You your self said the front wheels can lift off the ground, and you can almost see it in your picture. Your steering control, and the majority of your cars breaking comes from those two front tyres. If they aren't heavily weighted on the ground, your not gonna steer or brake under an emergency stop or even at high speed cornering.

Regardless of the trailer brakes; If you think about it, when those trailer brakes are applied heavily, the inertia of the load which has a high center of gravity is going to try and overtake the axles. This means it will try and lean forward, and as a result push the rear of the car down and raise the weight off the front even more.

Do you know any decent real engineers? Ask them and watch them raise a brow, as it's quite a bizarre idea you have there.

Did you know the majority of Truck and Dog Trailer combined vehicles that have accidents are due to the dog trailer (rear) being overloaded? Like I said before, thats due to how the heavy load at the rear 'pushing' makes the vehicle dynamics all wrong. And they have bigger rear trailer brakes than any goose neck trailer you'll ever see.

I'm not trying to be negative, i'm offering constructive critisism. I'm the first to agree though, there's nothing wrong with trying to think "outside the circle."

trucks have engine braking - cars don't.

trucks have massive trailer brakes - car trailers have tiny brakes.

trucks have the trailer weight planted in the middle of the wheelbase - cars have it behind the wheelbase.

trucks have brakes big enough to stop in a hurry fully laden - cars don't.

are you seeing a trend here?

Trucks have load rated tyres too, which you cannot get in a car size. You can get LT tyres from 4WD sizes up.......

im not recomending to anyone that they should simply attach a trailer to a stock passanger car and go speeding down the highway. there are massive modifications required to make this safe, frame stiffining, brake managment computers, custom trailers and proper load distribution just to name a few, but i have seen it dont succesfully and id like to see more creative minds on the subject!

on a similar note there was a guy here in Austin, tx that i met at a car show last year that had a dodge 2500 4X4 deisel with twin turbos that were pushing 90PSI and he did a 1/4 mile run in something like 12 seconds, but the amaizing thing was it was geared for towing and only had a top speed of 90mph. he claimed to use the truck in towing demonstrations but i never got exactly what they were...

truckexhaust.JPG

the exhaust of the diesel truck and my friends head...

truckturbo.JPG

one of the turbos and my fist. and yes it was running 90psi!!!

cheers
Jake

man i think its cool that you come up with some ideas but this one is far fetched towing races well any ways like nemesis said about all these gravity ,braking g forces issues well i dont think it could be possible you would almost need a parachute everytime you would brake loll but any ways i wouldnt take the chance of running a car to race it with a heavyer load in its back but thats just me but good luck with your idea

Thanks for all the help and support on this project guys its finally done! I spent the last 4 days out in the garage and fabricated a completely new rear bumper for my sc400 complete with new framerails, and a reinforced class IV towing hitch. The car has supra TT rims with 285/40-17 pilot sport rear wheels and even with 400lbs of tounge weight it still runs straight and level, I havnt upgraded to supra brakes yet but it will be the next mod.

I tried it out on the highway yesterday with my 19' boxtrailer (aprox. 2000lbs) up to 80mph with no problems and its still faster then my moms minivan and has a better stopping distance too! (the trailer is twin axle and has its own brakes)

Pix to come soon!!

-jake