Any Lextremer(s) from Christchurch, NZ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Muzza_NZ

Hi all,
I've recently moved to Christchurch from the Bay of Plenty and want to find out a bit about 1UZ friendly people and shops/wreckers etc in this fair city. I know there are loads of people down here using 1UZs in their race cars, so I figure some of them must frequent Lextreme for tips and info.

If any of you are living down here, let me know, it would be great to catch up and learn.

Muzz

Excellent.
I know of a couple of other Lextremers here in CHCH so that's good to know.

I'm in Riccarton, working at the University.

We're building up a series 1 RX7 at the moment, working on a custom bottom suspension cross member/sump so that we can get enough clearance for the bonnet to close.

Ah cool, I spent 6 years at Canty Uni studying... what do you do for work there? I am actually thinking series 1 12A for my next track car! :)

I'm working in the Electrical engineering dept towards my PhD (in HVDC), it's been a rude awakening getting back into research/study after several years off, thats for sure!

The 7 had a 12A in it, but sold it a couple of months back. The idea is to build this one up with great suspension, brakes, cage etc and N/A 1UZ (with std ecu etc), then get some track time with it while we build up a bulletproof twin turbo one. It should be a hoot.

Muzz

I'm working in the Electrical engineering dept towards my PhD (in HVDC), it's been a rude awakening getting back into research/study after several years off, thats for sure!

The 7 had a 12A in it, but sold it a couple of months back. The idea is to build this one up with great suspension, brakes, cage etc and N/A 1UZ (with std ecu etc), then get some track time with it while we build up a bulletproof twin turbo one. It should be a hoot.

Muzz

Excellent, i kinda postponed my PhD last year getting too busy with wotk etc. May kick it off again this year. Some of my good mates did Electrical Engineering at Canty and started NZEFI in ChCh. Are you into the sprint events at Ruapuna? I do those in my levin AE101.

I haven't done any events out at Ruapuna (missed the track day the other week) as I've only got my truck and my girlfriends civic to use at the moment. The 7 is owned by a friend, and he's sponsoring the build but doesn't have much 1UZ experience so I'm sorting it. Hoping to do the Targa in it next year.