Another update on rdms TT sc400..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Nice!!! What turbos are you running on this set up?

Attachments

• GM IAT.JPG
    GM IAT.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 10
  • AEM MAP.JPG
    AEM MAP.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 7
  • GM Idle Air Control Valve.jpg
    GM Idle Air Control Valve.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 5
  • GM TPS.jpg
    GM TPS.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 5
To be honest I haven't decided yet. We are using the 2 on the car for mock up.
Probably looking at T3's with 50 something MM intake compressor.
I think there're some upgraded T3s out there that can nearly match with the T4. I've just had my turbo repaired at www.turbonetics.com and those guys also offer upgrade to the turbos. They have state of the art turbo service and manufacturing. I came to their place and they have thousands of turbos and parts to play with.

I think there're some upgraded T3s out there that can nearly match with the T4. I've just had my turbo repaired at www.turbonetics.com and those guys also offer upgrade to the turbos. They have state of the art turbo service and manufacturing. I came to their place and they have thousands of turbos and parts to play with.

I agree with you Steve. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stick with a T3/T4. I just think 2 T4's on a 4.0L is a little big. especially when T3's can flow enough air to make 500+ hp. X2 that's a lot of air.

That is 1 very impressive looking engine! I like the red! What kind of power are you expecting?

Thanks Vander!!
The car made just over 500 at the wheels before the rebuild. For driveability this is probably the most I'll run. it just ate thought tires to fast. LOL

Chris, and I may try and put down some big numbers, but that's after I get to enjoy the car for a little bit. I don't want it to break again until I get some fun time. ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_1084_1_1.JPG
    IMG_1084_1_1.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 122
Hey Guys a couple things have gotten done on my SC
I figured I post a couple pics.
Let me know what your think of the progress

sc400714084qt4.jpg

sc400714085dh6.jpg

sc400714087we5.jpg

sc400714081tw8.jpg

Man, you really hate to get hot, don't you? Maybe a simply hot looking is what you're after...LOL.

I'm wondering if there'll be enough room for the air to circulate in between the radiator and the intercooler. Also, what electric fans are you running? What are their capacity?

Man, you really hate to get hot, don't you? Maybe a simply hot looking is what you're after...LOL.

I'm wondering if there'll be enough room for the air to circulate in between the radiator and the intercooler. Also, what electric fans are you running? What are their capacity?

I'm running 2 14 inch electric fans in front of the radiator. They are not in the pictures due to we are still mocking things up.
It might be a problem with the intercooler blocking all the air, but it's a large aluminum radiator for a chevy stock car. I think I should be ok. keep your fingers crossed.

WOW it's very similar to the setup of your LS or is that the SC?
And Yes the intercooler was custom made by Chris (Chrisman)
It's 2 Garrett 4 1/2 inch cores. similar to yours again with the up/down flow.
I just hope the bumper cover fits back over it with little trimming. I don't want to cut, and change the look of the front end very much.

I'm running 2 14 inch electric fans in front of the radiator. They are not in the pictures due to we are still mocking things up.
It might be a problem with the intercooler blocking all the air, but it's a large aluminum radiator for a chevy stock car. I think I should be ok. keep your fingers crossed.
I'm playing with some fans on my car. They're twin 14" with each is 1500 CFM. They're ok so far and the temperature is about 165 on cool day (under boost) and up to 180 on a hot day (under boost). I'm thinking I'll be running one 14" with 2500 CFM and one 14" with 1500 CFM. Perhaps you may run a dual 14" with each has 2500 CFM to be safe.

What type of fans did you use steve? I paid $120 for two 14'' Hayden fans from Kragen. Havent had any issues yet and heating is around same as stock. I have no idea the CFM but they draw like 12amps total.

I'm playing with some fans on my car. They're twin 14" with each is 1500 CFM. They're ok so far and the temperature is about 165 on cool day (under boost) and up to 180 on a hot day (under boost). I'm thinking I'll be running one 14" with 2500 CFM and one 14" with 1500 CFM. Perhaps you may run a dual 14" with each has 2500 CFM to be safe.

On one of our cars we are using one 16" zirco fan, 3000 CFM, and there's another unit they just released it's also a 16" fan that flows 3500 CFM.

I don't want to run a single big fan because if it doesn't work, the car must be towed. :wave: I"m running a dual generic fans on Ebay and I don't know the names. They're cheap and about $30 each. I'll be putting 1 more 12" fan in the front of the AC condenser just for the AC.

Honestly, I'd like my car to be around 150-165 degree under all condition. I don't really care about the optimal operating temperature. I found it runs best when between these temperatures. The other advantage is if the radiator is cool, it'll help cool the tranny fluid better. If it's hot, I'm sure the tranny will go before the piston rings start to wear.

Everytime the temperature is around 180, I can't even touch the chassis around the radiator or the AC condensor. It's so freaking hot.

Yeah I have been wondering about coolers. My fans work great but i wanted to know if I should install a tranny cooler. If i do it i plan on getting identical 14'' by 14'' square units and mount them inside the rad and mount my 14'' pullers piggyback style. Figured it would look hella clean... coolant, engine oil cooler and tranny oil cooler all separate from each other. I have the room just haven decided if its needed yet.

just found out that home depot metal screen material and a clamp was the best/cost effective filter to solve my "no-filter-room" dilemma.