Another update on rdms TT sc400..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
hi david,, i know bob is using synthetic now,, he has over 500 miles since the rebuild,, its 15-50.. rmember that we have all of the clearances on the high/sloppy side..we are even using the original toyota bearings--so a little thicker oil is probably ok for us..

Who makes that throttle body, because it suspiciously looks like a Holley, or a Holley style. I will tell you that when used with forced induction, Holley is notorious for failure. In fact, a Holley TB neary destroyed my motor when the center butterfly rod broke and sent a screw, what I thought at the time was, through the motor. In fact, I got lucky and the screw lodged itself in the rear of the intake for over 2 months, and it only became apparent when we installed the direct port N2O. Also, FWIW, Accufab TB's have been known to blow motors for the same reason. Not so much as the Holley, but in the Supra community, it's happened too many times.. I personally run a Q45 TB, 80mm internal diamter, and it's enough flow for over 1000rwhp. It's hard to beat the OEM reliability.

Again, I don't mean to sound preachy, but a blown motor over something so simple is just nonsense. I hope my personal experience helps others.

Eric

hi cowboy,, man,, i dont think ive ever said that before..:veryhappy .. the throttle body i think your talking about is on the intake im making for the corolla.. its , i forget the name right now, for/a mustang.. it has a W M on it.. and its 95mm....

it is def overkill,,but it was free--i cant complain..i got it from some friends.. it came from a high hp car,, and i believe they went back to a smaller one--BUT,, it did come from a supra 3.0 liter,, while i intend to use it on the 4.0 liter..

i also am a big fan of using OEM parts whenever possible.. in my opinion,, they,OEM, usually have great engineers that invest alot of time, and invest huge dollars, and usually end up with parts that are hard to beat..and when they tend to "over-engineer" we benefit..

TundraEddie said:
wMTExMjYyMDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg
Just think of the Power she would have made if we had taken those shop towels out of the intake manifold first.

I've been looking for that Hat!

hey,!! those are my special manifold-construction-anti-pulsation-dampner-horsepower-towels..:approve: --well,, not really..
a little explaination--on a rescent pic of the intake and TB,,i have some towels sitting in the manifold..--

hi guys,, ive gotten real busy again--BUT we were able to get to the race track on the 1st.. we did ok--but were only able to get 3 runs in.. the trans was acting a bit strange--it was skipping over 2nd gear.. it turns out the number 2 solonoid in the trans was working only occasionally--so the car was shiffting from 1st to 3rd.. anyway,, and the car was leaking oil from a valve cover-- enough for the track officials to keep us fromm running..
the track was cold and the car was spinning alot--sounds like im making excuses- but we were able to run a 13.1 and bob was able to run 116 mph..
i know tha car will do alot better,, and im pretty darn sure it will do over 125- ive been in the car on the street and feel very confident -but we will wait and see. the tracks around here are closed for winter, but soon..
i also noticed a few NEW things.. we were using "cold" plugs,, and we fouled out number 6-- from what i can figure, the plug wire to that cylinder is very long and ohms out at over 16.6 k ohms-- thats alot, so i figure that the energy getting to the plug is kinda low -comppared to the other plugs.. so,, i will need to keep this in mind next time and bring some fresh plugs..
oh well, the car is running pretty good, and i did have a friend with a digi vid camara there,, i will ask and see if he can get me a copy of the runs..

stevechumo said:
Are you using regular rubber hose for the oil return line? I've used it before to save $$; however, it only lasted for an average of 3 months.
What do you think is inside that braided line? You just needed something that was rated for oil.

hi again-- some fresh news about rdms car.. im sure alot of lextreme'rs know that i have the engine out so i can modify the pistons.. while it is out i also decided to add the piston oilers from the newer engines--also,, we decided to go for the supra six speed swap..

i dont want to step on any feet here--so please keep in mind that i do not intend on making any of these--adapters.. as a matter of fact,, i will probably be getting a few from cowboy bepop when they become available..
BUT,, since i had rdms engine out,, i decided i will make an adapter for his car now--while i have some time..
i dont know how well it will work--i did it myself-kinda a rough attempt..:mischievo
but it should be fine until the other adapters become available..
after looking at it a while it was clear that its not to easy a task--but should make for a more "fun" fast street car..
as far as cluth/flywheel,, there seem to be many available outcomes.. i will probably work with local company i have been working with for a while..
so,, il post a pic or 2..
i still need to go thru the trans and make sure everything is ok.. that should take me a few days,, and i still need to assemble the engine and install..

roulghly,, the car should be ready ina few weeks.. as for what are we going to do about the ECU--?? i'l know more when we get there..
remember--i do not want to make any more of these--so please dont ask..
but i dont mind asking rdm to "run" the next guy who has a getrag/v8/tt sc400..:veryhappy

Wow Chris! Very nice! We've talked before, so definitely not stepping on any toes. : ) If you like, we can exchange adapters for exhaust manifolds, or whatever you would like. : ) But we can talk about that later. : ) Great job!

Everybody else, come on and get one of these V160 adapters!

Eric

chrisman said:
but i dont mind asking rdm to "run" the next guy who has a getrag/v8/tt sc400..:veryhappy
If I only new what I was getting into when I bought the car,
But I really like the sound of a
Twin Turbo 6-Speed SC400.:09:

cowboy bepop,, thanks.. we have talked,, and i expect you will be selling a quite a few of your adapter plates. --now if you could find a way to make the v160s plentiful and more affordable, youd be busy for years to come..:veryhappy
these transmisions are out there, v160s--alot of the BIG_BIG HP supra guys take them out and switch over to domestic automatics..but they do seem rare..
one more thing id like to re-mention,, making this-my- adapter was not easy-and it may not even work-and i was trying to be as accurate as possible--but,,i should only be using it until cowboy bepops become available..

were waiting on the clutch/flywheel prices.. the engineers have ok'd everything,,an its all in the works--but there will be many differnt clutches availabe.. and all are reasonable in pricing..and the flywheels will come with..so that part of it all is fine..--but no pr5ogress on rdms car untill i get the parts in hand--hopefully soon.

Got some new pretty parts for my 1UZ and thought I'd share.

Powdercoating the intake manifold (Upper & Lower) both valve covers (Red)
both water bridges, motor mounts, and oil pan (Upper & Lower) (Black)
was $395.

Should be much more durable then paint, although I think paint looks alittle better.

If it looked any nicer, you'd be afraid to put oil in it! I think you will actually find it holds up better than regular paint and wont flake off. Also its easier to work on and helps detect problems. There is so much effort being put into this project it definately deserves this little extra attention. A little icing on the cake.
pops

Hey guys..any update on the set up...

I plann on going 6speed TT sc400 real soon, would like to know how its going...

Ill be using cowboys adapter also...:)

Thanks
Josh

chris has been out of the country, and I got a promotin, and have been traveling the last couple weeks.

We plan on putting the motor together very soon, a couple weeks she should be running again.