Another TT 1UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jay-spec

Completed the 1UZ swap last year and had a blast with it but then I wanted something to compete with the high powered 2JZs and and to play around with some exotics on the track. Toyota did a dam good job in the engineering of the 1UZ. I choose the path of force induction, turbo to be more specific. Wanting to break through all the he say/she say barriers I decided to do a complete custom twin turbo setup.
-2" turbo headers
-Twin T70 turbos with duel scroll
-Custom twin entry intake manifold
-Twin barrel type water/air intercooler(not included in pics)

MK3 Supra
1-2.jpg

Stock 1UZ (239HP 256Tq)
1uz-fe-1.jpg

Custom exhaust manifold
m1.jpg

Twin turbo with custom twin inlet intake manifold
IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

I want to see your barrel intercoolers; I had similar thoughts awhile back, but didn't know how well they'd fit.

More pics please!

Good to see that someone is on something. Do u have aftermarket hood. Would it close?
First off I must credit you and your crew for the web site and the gob load of information. Lextreme has made this swap more of a reality and less pain taking and once again I thank you for the info and inspiration.

To answer your question, yes the hood fits but just barely. The engine alone maybe has a inch of clearance. When designing the manifolds I took special care to have hood clearance but underestimated the turbo oil lines. The oil lines where preventing me from closing the hood until I rotated the cartage about 15 degrees. I also removed the hood instillation.

Looking good. Not a fan of the red paint, but besides that I am looking forward to seeing your progress.

Not many people are a fan of the red paint but I' m a fan of Gundam Wing(Anime). I had the idea to name the project after my favorite character in the anime due to the combination of my personally and the intimidation of Gundam Deathscythe Hell. I plan to accent the car with a somewhat similar paint scheme as the gundam. lol this will even be completed with action figure hanging from the mirror.
TDHS.jpg

I want to see your barrel intercoolers; I had similar thoughts awhile back, but didn't know how well they'd fit.

More pics please!

Intercoolers are not installed yet. My plan in to reduce turbo as much as possible giving it a direct boost to the intake. I found these intecoolers would be ideal. The estimated charged air travel should be no more than 17" with a 2.5-3.5" piping. Also by utilizing the high compression and duel scroll I hope the lag for spooling these turbos is min.

intercooler
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Univ...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2628wt_1165

First off I must credit you and your crew for the web site and the gob load of information. Lextreme has made this swap more of a reality and less pain taking and once again I thank you for the info and inspiration.

To answer your question, yes the hood fits but just barely. The engine alone maybe has a inch of clearance. When designing the manifolds I took special care to have hood clearance but underestimated the turbo oil lines. The oil lines where preventing me from closing the hood until I rotated the cartage about 15 degrees. I also removed the hood instillation.

Looks good! Is it possible to get some 90 degree connectors for those oil lines? If you have it put back together before August 28th, you should come show it with the rest of us Supra owners at the Toyota lot in Grand Rapids, MI for the 2010 Metro Cruise.

Very nice setup! It seems like you're looking to pass 1000 rwhp. That twin T70 should be good for 1500 rwhp. Will you have something else to compensate for the turbo lag with that twin T70?

Looks good! Is it possible to get some 90 degree connectors for those oil lines? If you have it put back together before August 28th, you should come show it with the rest of us Supra owners at the Toyota lot in Grand Rapids, MI for the 2010 Metro Cruise.

Yea I seen the 90s but there is a special plate at the end of this line that has a pen size hole for oil. I didn't want to run the chance of blowing the seals due to high oil pressure.
Thanks for the invite, depending on time and funds I may see you guys there.

Very nice setup! It seems like you're looking to pass 1000 rwhp. That twin T70 should be good for 1500 rwhp. Will you have something else to compensate for the turbo lag with that twin T70?

Believe it or not I m not looking for ridiculous HP numbers. I don't want to surpass 500 in high boost. lol I will change my mind if I run up against some exotics.

Attachments

• 1 Bangkok Drag Avenue.jpg
    1 Bangkok Drag Avenue.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 3 1UZStrippedTOPsm650.jpg
    3 1UZStrippedTOPsm650.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 12
  • V9Votechsm.jpg
    V9Votechsm.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 1UZ Oil Pan 1.jpg.jpg
    1UZ Oil Pan 1.jpg.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 14
  • 4 Kelford1UZCamBoxes01sm650.jpg
    4 Kelford1UZCamBoxes01sm650.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 11
  • My AEM Unit.jpg.jpg
    My AEM Unit.jpg.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 11
I'm a little relieved to see your hp goals. If you were shooting big, I think there would be issues with back pressure and or reversion of sorts with your exhaust mani setup.

BTW, your oil feed lines look a little crimped, I'd make sure that is all in order before you start it up.

Also, how do you plan on controlling your twin throttle bodies?

Good luck with the setup and keep us posted how it works out.

Last edited:
I'm a little relieved to see your hp goals. If you were shooting big, I think there would be issues with back pressure and or reversion of sorts with your exhaust mani setup.

BTW, your oil feed lines look a little crimped, I'd make sure that is all in order before you start it up.

Also, how do you plan on controlling your twin throttle bodies?

Good luck with the setup and keep us posted how it works out.

I plan to run another cable from the other throttle body. A pull pull action

....Believe it or not I m not looking for ridiculous HP numbers. I don't want to surpass 500 in high boost. lol I will change my mind if I run up against some exotics.
If that's the case, a single T70 will give you more than 500 rwhp day in day out. Actually, a single T70 can give you more than enough turbo lag that you'd ever wanted. :D

If that's the case, a single T70 will give you more than 500 rwhp day in day out. Actually, a single T70 can give you more than enough turbo lag that you'd ever wanted. :D

Yeah, considering your goals, I think this setup is going to be very laggy. My short term goals are mid 500 whp and not to far after that I'd like 650whp. With that I chose a single billet 67 from PTE. Should be relatively responsive with what we are working with(1uz).

this looks great, well done. I'm doing something very similar, but my turbos aren't quite so big :(

I take it you're running the intake behing the shock towers? I looked into those barrel coolers but they seemed too big to fit there without bonnet issues. I've chopped up a small air/air cooler and will weld water jackets over the two halves.
http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=40746

Your coolers look quite compact though, good find.

this looks great, well done. I'm doing something very similar, but my turbos aren't quite so big :(

I take it you're running the intake behing the shock towers? I looked into those barrel coolers but they seemed too big to fit there without bonnet issues. I've chopped up a small air/air cooler and will weld water jackets over the two halves.
http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=40746

Your coolers look quite compact though, good find.

Thanks bro

I plan to run the intercoolers directly from the turbo into a 90 degree pipe and then throttle bodies.

The setup you have is pretty damn nice. I love how creative you made. Please me update on this build.

I don't know if anybody picked up on the custom intake? I noticed that it looks like you will be running twin throttle bodies. How did you make that?

How exactly is itusing the twin scroll technology if you are not seperating the pulses of the engine into each scroll? Or you just assuming that since its twin scroll is should spool better, regardless?

Ill be running twin hx35s and I thought my setup would be somewat laggy, curious to see how this will do!