Project Thread Another SC400T

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

curry

Well last night we got confirmation on the spare 1uz we were supposed to get and we got it. We just need to go pick it up. The plan is to use that to mock everything up properly and avoid guess work.

We're also gonna bum parts off it.

My goals for the setup are around 325-350 to the wheels.

I basically have everything needed for the turbo setup because I was supposed to do one on a 94' Camry but that didn't work out too well...

The turbo is a Garrett T3/T4 .60/.63
HKS SSQV Blow Off
Tial 38MM Wastegate
Aeromotive FPR
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
AEM Wideband with sensor
Oil/Boost/Oil temp gauges
Coolingmist water injection setup
Oil Cooler
Tranny Cooler
Flanges
Pipe

The only other thing I need is an intercooler.

As far as engine management goes I bought an e-manage before hand but I read that it doesn't work well with the v8 so I decided to sell it and pick up an SAFC.

IMG_7417.jpg

IMG_7415.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Well last night we got confirmation on the spare 1uz we were supposed to get and we got it. We just need to go pick it up. The plan is to use that to mock everything up properly and avoid guess work.

We're also gonna bum parts off it.

My goals for the setup are around 325-350 to the wheels.

I basically have everything needed for the turbo setup because I was supposed to do one on a 94' Camry but that didn't work out too well...

The turbo is a Garrett T3/T4 .60/.63
HKS SSQV Blow Off
Tial 38MM Wastegate
Aeromotive FPR
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
AEM Wideband with sensor
Oil/Boost/Oil temp gauges
Coolingmist water injection setup
Oil Cooler
Tranny Cooler
Flanges
Pipe

The only other thing I need is an intercooler.
You dont really need the Coolingmist setup if you have FMIC. Oil and Tran cooler is good to have but not neccessary. You will need more fuel than stock injectors. How many psi will you be running? To get 325 to 350 you would need about 8-10 psi. That is why your stock injectors wont able to support that.

Well im gonna be on a 3-4 psi tune for a good while just to make sure everything is operating properly and from there im going to slowly go up and upgrade as necessary.

Ill probably sell the cooling mist and invest in some injectors.

Please report your progress here :newbie: ...we are doing the same with a LS400...first moderate boost <7psi....and see how everything works (eg. heat in engine room) and after that: >7psi...maybe even 17psi...on the 1UZ...

Hmmm I wonder whats under the bag...

IMG_1224.jpg

I think it is...

IMG_1225.jpg

Oh no....

IMG_1226.jpg

YES!

IMG_1227.jpg

We finally got the spare 1uz (from an LS400) it was sitting in a friends backyard so I decided to put it to use and help me mock up my turbo setup for the SC.

Im going to be ordering the flanges from Mr. Lextreme next week so I can start the custom log-style manifold. After that I'm going to get the turbo downpiped and up pipes built. Order an intercooler and set it all up.

I may even be done BEFORE spring! WOOOOO

Today I started getting pieces off the motor to get it ready to go on the engine stand.

I took off the Fan bracket which I will be using to eliminate the hydraulic fan. All I need now is the pulley... Mr. Lex!

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

I was thinking.. If i do decide to do twins later wouldn't it be a better idea to not connect the exhaust manifolds and just run the turbo off one bank... I could then build a normal manifold.

I know its not as efficient but it seems like a better game plan...

OR

I could even flip one of those manifolds from the LS motor and stick it on the passenger side.. attach a cat flange to the up pipe.. and BAM!

Again i know its not efficient... but for the sake of experimentation... and getting the thing to work...

im just throwing stuff out there.. let me know what you guys think.

EDIT:

Change of plans. We're flipping the manifolds and joining the two from the front rather than behind.

Haha why else. The grandmaster lextreme showed me the error of my ways! Now how about sending me that fan bracket pulley and cat flanges so i can get started. lol