Another 1UZ powered A70 Supra

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cjsupra90

Well guys, I figured I would take the time to fill you'll in on the swap for those who might be interested.

Although not officially on the road yet, the engine was fired up in the car for the first time last night.

Here's the set up.
1990 MA70 Supra
1993 LS400 engine with SC400 oil pan
W58 5sp Trans.

The fuel and ignition duties are handled by an SDS EM4 standalone system. On the fuel side of things, Im running N/A Supra 315cc green top injectors. On the Ignition side, I'm using a MSD DIS4 CDI box with CBR 600 F4I coils.

Exhaust system is long tube stainless steel Tri-Y headers leading to a 2.5" dual exhaust system (see my header build thread http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10583 ). It is a 3 muffler system with the 1st being a Magnaflow (#12468) which is a dual inlet / dual outlet with a built-in X-pipe. From there it leads to a pair of Magnaflow (#11366) units mounted under the rear seat area then straight out the back.

I still have some last minute button-up things to take care of before putting on the ground and taking it out for some tuning.

I'll try to get some pics up later of everything and hopefully a few video's over the weekend.

Congrats,

You are one of the few supra owner with a V8. Not only that ...... Manual tran too. Nice work.... More pics and vids please.

david

i've been thinking about driving mine down for Christmas... i may just fly though. not sure yet

Drive it down, we will have a little mini meet, well hell if you fly we can still have a little get togather. let me know whats up if you want to meet up.

i've been thinking about driving mine down for Christmas... i may just fly though. not sure yet

Daniel, bring it down....... We, (you, Jake, Maybe another local guy with a V8 A70 and I) could all get together one day.... I'd be willing to bet that it would be the most V8 A70's every to be together at the same place and time in history... Hell for that matter, probably would be a record holding day for a long time.

Here are a few pics that I have availible at the moment. There are more, just haven't downloaded them from the camera yet and I am not at the same location as the camera this evening....

Random engine shot showing Aluminum flywheel and clutch....
Image0171.jpg

Engine about to go in.....
swap0005.jpg

Engine in.....
swap0003.jpg

swap0001.jpg

Pretty much complete and in running order....
Image0173.jpg

Image0172.jpg

i'm now kinda planning on driving down. I'll be in the orlando area arriving sunday night, heading down to the sarasota area tuesday or wednesday. so let me know if we could meet up one of those days guys.

i'm now kinda planning on driving down. I'll be in the orlando area arriving sunday night, heading down to the sarasota area tuesday or wednesday. so let me know if we could meet up one of those days guys.

Hey we where thinking we could have a meet up at my house in clearwater, 30mins north of Sarasota, we have a few non supra yet 1UZ friends that can meet up as well. maybe do a little cruse around the area hit a few photo spots and hit some fun roads (what few fun roads florida has to offer)

Well took if out for a bit of a drive just a little while ago. Still need quite a bit of tuning. Getting some knock from it not sure if thats tuning, fuel (being that there is about 1/4 tank of 87 octane in it) or if its carbon build up. The intake had quite a bit of carbon build up and Im sure the chambers did too. I really couldn't do much tuning cause the clutch is slipping pretty bad. I think that the pedal rod needs to be adjusted some as Im thinking that it is holding pressure on the master cylinder thus slightly engauging the clutch. Although, I cant even come close to using full throttle in first gear without major wheel spin. Tires aren't the greatest though.....

I also need to change to a smaller bore master cylinder cause the stock 1" bore is too big for the manual brake conversion that I did. The pedal effert is a bit to much.... Going down to a 7/8" bore should make a noticable differance and lessen the pedal effort...

I did get a video of it while I had stopped by a friends house on my little drive. He was having problems getting his computer to see the vid camera so I dont have access to the video yet. Hopefully later this eve.....

Yeah, it's Tim. I use the same screen name pretty much everywhere.

But I just noticed the flywheel on this thread and was curious. I have an A1 turbos flywheel that I'm planning on running and I was trying to get Comp Clutch to make one for the motor, but I haven't heard back from them in a while.