Amsoil ATF?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

WDoherty

My family has been running amsoil in all of our vehicles for nearly 20 years. Its been good to us, it stays clean, our cars last, etc. Maybe three years ago i read on club lexus about someone using their ATF in their gs400 and how it stayed cleaner longer than Toyota fluid, ran cooler, and the such. So two years ago when i did a filter, drain, and refill on a rebuilt th350 on our van, it started slipping when cold in reverse a few weeks later then worse and worse till last year the transmission totally slips. Two years may sound like a while, but this is a fourth vehicle that gets started every 3 months (maybe) and goes around the block and parks again. So this total failure occured in probably less than half a tank of gas of switching to amsoil ATF which claims it its compatible with all types of ATF. When i did a drain and refill on my sc400 a year ago i also noticed some cold slipping in first a few months later and it still happens on my occasion. I am about to do another drain and refill, should i just go back to Toyota Type 4 or stick with the amsoil. Did it cause my van's tranny to fail? The van's fluid was also nice and red and clean before that last drain and fill. What about the lexus, different situation? Possibly erratic solenoid (its occurance is infrequent and unpredictable) or could this be related to the Amsoil?

Yes we have the same issue with older Ford auto's...
Sounds like you need to go back to the type of fluid Toyota say..
Not necessary the brand...
Sounds like fluid is too thick and lubes too well when cold friction plates don't work as they should....
My old T5 and TKO600 Tremec manual is the same with thick tans oil..
I run Catrol Transmax Z with no issues, yes manual .. It's a good ATF ...
Mobil ATF 3309 is another ...

Last edited:
I suppose that could be true and there is not enough friction when cold. I ran amsoil in my old celica with a 20r and it had a top end tap. One time i put in some conventional oil and the tap actually went away when the engine was cool because there was more friction that it needed, haha.