aftermarket speedometer

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

taka21

hey is anyone running an aftermarket speedo with their 1uz swap?
cause i snapped my speedo cable on my w58 and im looking for a way to use an aftermarket electric speedo
thanks

you could also install a sc400 guage cluster lke my friend did in his cressida. the only part you have to find is the sender from a cressida with a digi dash.

We have set up several with aftermarket speedos. The VSS from the marlin rockcrawler site looks like the VDO unit we use. It screws directly onto the mechanical drive on the gearbox and outputs the same signal as the factory unit. We also drive the speedos off the aftermarket ECUs we fit and use the ECU to calibrate the speed. Go to your local gauge supplier and they should be able to help you. Cheers

there are a lot of good gps speedo options out there now days.

and, the marlin crawler sending unit works good if you choose to go with another digital speedo. just a little pricy considering you can find oem ones that work the same for far less and their just as reliable. (we've had 1 marlin crawler unit go out for no apparent reason. not bad at all.)

i really like the idea of using the sc400 stock cluster, i guess all i would need is the sender and the cluster right?

hmm i wonder if the dash itself would fit?