AEM V1.19 Cal File

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
well crap i just figured out that my mk3 supra (89-92) 1130 box will only support 6 injector drivers. dam batch fire as was in 1992 ls 400 1uz. so if i wire in injectors as
1-7 injector 1
8-2 injector 2
3-5 injector 3
6-4 injector 4

together i will need 12 fuel teeth and 12 ignition teeth. so injector phasing is what?
inj1 is 0
inj2 is 3
inj3 is 6
inj4 is 9?
or is that backwards.

i wired in the coil packs as
coil 1 is 6-4 phase 0
coil 2 is 5-8 phase 3
coil 3 is 4-7 phase 6
coil 4 is 3-2 phase 9

or is that backwards? Just need to see what the phasing is so i am not squirting fuel at same time as ingnition.

thanks
hal

also what does setting box injector phase do? is it something to have that many teeth go by before the injector i allowed to claim?
thanks
hal

Actually, the MKIII Supra ECU can be modified to bring all 10 injector outputs to the outside world. You just have to choose a few pins you will not be using anyway and wire those up internally to the main board's injector outputs.

The phasing numbers for the injectors and coils are correct and will fire in the correct order. The only other thing you need is to set the "Ignition Sync" and "Injector Phase" options to properly reference everything to TDC firing #1. For your setup, you will want to use set Ignition Sync = 9.13 and Injector Phase to 0. Also, make sure that you turn on the option "Eng Cycle = 1 Rev" so you Engine Speed reads correct.

what a tease to tell me i can get all 10 injectors on line. that would be soooo much better than batch fire injection. i will have to do that so i can get the 8 injectors on sequential. can i use two of the abundant EGT output pins?

otherwise with batch fire i do not know what the inj phasing will be.

dont know what ignition sync does but will set it to 9.13. i do know that with the 7m when i change the position of the cps it will change this number. I assume that 9.13 is the position of the cam when the tooth passes the pickup. also does this mean i need to use the sensor on the left or drivers side of the engine to wire into the G1 position of the 1130 box?

thanks
hal
1uz ma70

well crap i just figured out that my mk3 supra (89-92) 1130 box will only support 6 injector drivers. dam batch fire as was in 1992 ls 400 1uz. so if i wire in injectors as
1-7 injector 1
8-2 injector 2
3-5 injector 3
6-4 injector 4

together i will need 12 fuel teeth and 12 ignition teeth. so injector phasing is what?
inj1 is 0
inj2 is 3
inj3 is 6
inj4 is 9?
or is that backwards.

i wired in the coil packs as
coil 1 is 6-4 phase 0
coil 2 is 5-8 phase 3
coil 3 is 4-7 phase 6
coil 4 is 3-2 phase 9

or is that backwards? Just need to see what the phasing is so i am not squirting fuel at same time as ingnition.

thanks
hal

the coil 1 is supposed to be
coil 1 is 6-1 phase 0 (not 6-4)

also the 89-92 supra 1130 box i think is wired for injectors as

inj1, inj2, inj3, Inj7, Inj8, Inj9 and injectors 4,5,6 are not wired to a pin.
correct?

also should
injector 3 be 4-6 and
injector 4 be 3-5
instead of
inj 3 being 3-5 and
4 being 4-6 and still have the phasing of inj1 phase 0, inj2 3, inj3 6, and inj 4 phase 9?
hal

Last edited:
so i have to wire up my injectors batch fire for now

is this the correct pins and injector phasing for batch fire then for sequential injection?

injtr pin cyl phase seq inj phasing
1 12a 1&7 0 1 0
2 11a 8&2 3 8 21
3 25a 3&5 6 4 9
4 n/a n/a 3 6
5 n/a n/a 6 15
6 n/a n/a 5 12
7 10c 4&6 9 7 18
8 n/a 2 3

and for coil wiring
coil coil cyl phase for 12 phase for24 spark teeth

coil 1 1&6 0 0
coil 2 8&5 3 3
coil 3 4&7 6 6
coil 4 3&2 9 9

coil 5 12
coil 6 15
coil 7 18
coil 8 21

is this correct?
hal

Inside the AEM ECU, you will find a 100 pin connector that is in between the main board and adapter board. At that connector, every single one of the AEM's inputs and outputs are available there. Some cutting and soldering will allow you to get extra I/O to the outside world. (This pinout is the same for EVERY Series 1 AEM ECU BTW)

The injector outputs on that connector are as follows:

Inj 1 - 89
Inj 2 - 87
Inj 3 - 85
Inj 4 - 98
Inj 5 - 100
Inj 6 - 99
Inj 7 - 92
Inj 8 - 91
Inj 9 - 94
Inj 10 - 93

The side of the board with all the components are the odd numbers pins and the other side are all the even ones. If you hold the board with the harness connector to the left and the component side facing you, the top is pin 1 and the bottom is 99. Sometimes the boards with have the pin values silk screened on, but not all.

With a little re-work, you should be able to have sequential injection. I would recommend using 18-20ga wire for an injector output rewire.

thanks for the info to rewire for sequential injection in the AEM ecu. just wish the 1130 box had one more coil driver so i did not have to run wastespark on my 7m but would still have to on the 1uz.
hal

ok so i got the 1uz mk3 supra running or cranked and idling. i have not hooked up coolant yet so i dont know if the block is cracked or leaks coolant. of course i have only ran it for about 30 seconds since no coolant.
it did crank up after i changed the Ign phase number. i have the inJ hooked up inj 1 to pin inj 1, inj 2 to pin inj 2 etc and waste spark set up as above with coil 1 is 6-1 and with 24 spark teeth and phase numbers set up for 8 firings. the inJ numbers are in the firing order as above. for the 89 mk3 aem box i used G1 cam sensor (driver side) to the G2 pin as aem only uses the g2 pin for input and of course the crank sensor to ne.
fuel is sequential with the injectors hardwired off the aem motherboard and waste spark ignition from coil 1,2,3,4.

the InJ phase i tried 0 and 15. the inG phase i tried 3.512 and 0.512 and 9.13. i tried switching these around to see what happened. the best results was 0 in inJ phase and 9.13 in iGn phase. these are the numbers on the top input of the inj options and iGn options where the cylinder phase numbers are inputed. i believe it was mitch that said he was using 3.512 for his sc400 and to try that. but that did not work the best. it also seemed to run ok with the cam input even from the Passenger side. i will try that again to confirm cause with sequential inJ that should not work.

I will be tuning soon if my junkyard torque converter works. i can atleast get it to idle a/f correct even i cant drive it. i piped up a dual exhaust that comes out in front of the each rear tire. i just have a 12" resonator on each side so it is LouD and not street legal yet. i need to put a muffler in there somewhere.

thanks to everyones input. Espcially Mitch P and Cribbj. nice to have input to keep mistakes at a minimum.

Thanks
Hal