AE85 Trueno swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

V8MX5

AE85 Trueno 1UZ swap in 4 weeks !!

Hi ive just purchased a 1983 AE85 Trueno and im going to put a 1UZ in it.
I bought the car as a write off, had been in a fire, My plan is to build the whole thing to show standard in 4 weeks.
Will post pictures as i progress with it.
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/9273/truenoproject0034zv.jpg
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/5729/truenoproject0054sd.jpg

Ive found a bit of info on this conversion on the internet, but its all pretty useless. Will post some more pics soon.

MWP said:
4 weeks???
Wow, good luck!

BTW, whats the difference between the AE85 and the 86 we all know?

the ae86 is a twin cam injected with a bigger diff, disc brake rear and better front brakes, visually they look like the same car

Hmm V8MX5,
Why did you cut the firewall??, the engine fits without modding the fire wall.

By pushing the engine back you will need to mod the sump.

Total time to do my conversion was 6 weeks, this involved fitting the motor, new coilover suspension all round, modified crown diff, bigger brakes, Canadian dash (goes to 240K), race seats, make bellhousing for W57 box, and I did all the work myself.

It took a long of time to research the best combination of bits on the car. All the parts for the conversion came from other toyotas with minimal mods to make it all fit.

There is another 86 thread with a link to a vid of my 86 at Phillip Island

I have put some more pics there on my conversion

Good luck

SprinterTRD said:
Hmm V8MX5,
Why did you cut the firewall??, the engine fits without modding the fire wall.

By pushing the engine back you will need to mod the sump.

Total time to do my conversion was 6 weeks, this involved fitting the motor, new coilover suspension all round, modified crown diff, bigger brakes, Canadian dash (goes to 240K), race seats, make bellhousing for W57 box, and I did all the work myself.

It took a long of time to research the best combination of bits on the car. All the parts for the conversion came from other toyotas with minimal mods to make it all fit.

There is another 86 thread with a link to a vid of my 86 at Phillip Island

I have put some more pics there on my conversion

Good luck
I pushed the firewall back to make the engine fit better, also to give me more room for the radiator, the engine looks at home in the engine bay now, no modifications were made to the sump. engine and box and firewall are all finished now and car is being painted tomoro, not bad considering i only got the car less than 1 week ago and the engine arrived 4 days ago.
Im the first person i know of thats pushed the firewall back on this conversion, you are right, i could have mounted it with out an chopping, but because i have chopped it back 80mm the 1 UZ sits lower, giving me more room for the brake booster and clutch master cylinder

I will assume that you will not be using the standard pedal box as it won't fit without mods, also Im guessing you will not be putting the heater unit or radio & standard interior back in.

For me it was all about making every thing fit back into the car so if you look at the interior it all looks like a standard sprinter. I modifed the radiator support and make a custom radiator to fit.

SprinterTRD said:
I will assume that you will not be using the standard pedal box as it won't fit without mods, also Im guessing you will not be putting the heater unit or radio & standard interior back in.

For me it was all about making every thing fit back into the car so if you look at the interior it all looks like a standard sprinter. I modifed the radiator support and make a custom radiator to fit.

Yes i will be using the stanard pedal box as it still fits ok, im also fitting the stanard heater box, dash etc etc, the interior will look like a stanard AE86
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/2528/truenoproject0406gw.jpg
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/4204/truenoproject0334ru.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0485.JPG
    DSCF0485.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 4
fitted rear disc brakes from a nissan bluebird, and front discs from a toyota cressida, also fitted the cressida EFI fuel tank with a new pump rated at 500HP. purchased a new K-style 6 point cage aswell.

yelsew816 said:
are you doing a panda paintjob? or just super white II?
panda, initial D styles

Attachments

• IMG_14502.JPG
    IMG_14502.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_14622.JPG
    IMG_14622.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_14632.JPG
    IMG_14632.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_14662.JPG
    IMG_14662.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_14672.JPG
    IMG_14672.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_14652.JPG
    IMG_14652.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 3
Is this the one getting built up for import x?
Its good to see someone say theyll do something and then get stuck into it, has this been you working on it full time?
Cant wait to see more

Logan

LEXUSV8NZ said:
Is this the one getting built up for import x?
Its good to see someone say theyll do something and then get stuck into it, has this been you working on it full time?
Cant wait to see more

Logan

i started building it a few weeks ago, work on it everyday ! Only way to get things done, I havent cut any corners in the build either, everything is modified from brakes to suspension to diff.
After this im going to build a 1UZ airbagged nissan terrano and a VH45DE nissan P10 primera. Boths these projects have been started and will be on the road befor december.

wow. are they all for you or customers? can you post a link or pictures of the primera as it comes along, as although not 1uz, i (and many others im guessing) would love to see it. keep up the good work.
and to yelse816, i too agree that a v8 ae86 is much better than a 4age or even 4agze 86.