Standalone ECU Adaptronic ECU

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
elhsupra, Sorry to here about the funeral.

Thanks for the update, I still can't get my head round how the ECU drives the ISC.
Does the ECU pulse the outputs in sequence? if so yours is wired up 3,1,2,4?

My ISC works as below
1,2,3,4 to close 4,3,2,1 to open.

Looking at the back of the plug with the clip to the left the wires are as follows. (I think this plug came from a 96 SC)

Top left = Yellow red (2)
Middle left = Black red (B2 +12v)
Bottom left = Yellow blue (4)
Top right = Yellow (1)
Middle right = Black red (B1 +12v)
Bottom right = Yellow green (3)

I should have the wireing finnished this weekend for a test run.

Any other feedback on how yours is running would be good.

Have a read through Andy's installation notes for how he wired up the ISVC on Neil's blown Soarer.
http://www.adaptronic.com.au/reports/1UZFE-supercharged/Installation.zip

However the colours don't match up with yours and he located them at the ECU harness so I don't know if that'll help.

FWIW this is how he set it up in the software:
Aux 5: Idle stepper 1 - Hold
Aux 6: Idle stepper 2 - Hold
Aux 7: Idle stepper 3 - Hold
Aux 8: Idle stepper 4 - Hold

elhsupra, Sorry to here about the funeral.

Thanks for the update, I still can't get my head round how the ECU drives the ISC.
Does the ECU pulse the outputs in sequence? if so yours is wired up 3,1,2,4?
Thanks
I have mine wired up
ISC 1 - Aux 5
ISC 2 - Aux 6
ISC 3 - Aux 7
ISC 3 - Aux 8
In the Setup I made
Aux 5 - Pulse 3
Aux 6 - Pulse 1
Aux 7 - Pulse 2
Aux 8 - Pulse 4
Looking at the back of the plug with the clip to the left the wires are as follows. (I think this plug came from a 96 SC)

Top left = Yellow red (2)
Middle left = Black red (B2 +12v)
Bottom left = Yellow blue (4)
Top right = Yellow (1)
Middle right = Black red (B1 +12v)
Bottom right = Yellow green (3)

I should have the wiring finished this weekend for a test run.

Any other feedback on how yours is running would be good.
Sorry I didn't look at the ISC motor plug, I went straight from the LS400 EWD, removed each wire from the ecu plug and inserted into adaptronic plug. That way I wouldn't have to cut any wires. But this is how the LS400 EWD shows the ISC plug
iscou5.jpg

Have a read through Andy's installation notes for how he wired up the ISVC on Neil's blown Soarer.......
......FWIW this is how he set it up in the software:
Aux 5: Idle stepper 1 - Hold
Aux 6: Idle stepper 2 - Hold
Aux 7: Idle stepper 3 - Hold
Aux 8: Idle stepper 4 - Hold
I do plan on playing with the ISC hold type setup this weekend to see if there is any difference between them.
Also in reference to a Wideband writeup from a while ago, I am working with Cory and beta testing for serial connection for the FJO wideband. So far so good :biggthumpup:

Attachments

• rotors.jpg
    rotors.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 22
Thanks guy's,
I can't see there being too much difference between pulse and hold. I have drawn up the complete wireing diagram on Auto cad for a stand alone.
Can anyone convert a .dwf to .pdf so it can be posted?

I can't make my mind up between the Tech edge or the Inovative wideband.

Andy, I have Adobe Distiller on my office machine if you want to email it over to me, I'll make a PDF of it. Best to zip it before emailing.

Here is my wiring diagram, I still have not run it as yet. I went to the Auto parts store yesterdaty to get an air temp sensor and 2 bar map sensor and found I must have been speaking Latin. Can anyone give me part numbers for suitable sensors.

Here's some P/N's for GM sensors that are used for other standalone EMS installs. These are cheap, and usually available from any parts store, but may not be the most accurate sensors around. With the AEM, we usually go with a MAP made by Kavlico, and now AEM resell it themselves.

GM IAT Sensor: GM Part #12160244
GM Weatherpack Pigtail for IAT: GM Part #12102620
GM 3BAR MAP sensor GM Part #16040749

Not sure if this is an updated or outdated GM part number, but here is another number for you
3 bar 12223861
2 Bar 12569241
and connector for 2/3 bar 15305891
1 Bar 12569240

Also found this over on another forum
Those purchasing new 3 bar map sensors from AC Delco part numbers 213-1562 or GM 12223861 the sensor is wired internally different than the original TTA 3 bar.

The correction involves swapping the power and ground terminals to it. Whereas old sensor wiring is
A= 5v
B=signal
C=ground

New wiring for 12223861 or 213-1562
A=ground
B=signal
C= 5v

Tried the TechEdge wideband on the weekend but the 2J1 uses a new serial protocol which the Adaptronic can't recognise properly so it displays the wrong AFR. Andy is working it out with TechEdge.

Thanks for the part numbers guys I will see wat I can get hold of.

Damien,
how long have you been running the Adaptronic? and what other mods have you done to the engine?

I think the Inovative wide band looks good value due to the Aus $ at the moment.

Andy fitted mine about 6 months ago. I currently have ITB's, stock intake cams & 265 degree exhaust cams, Rush extractors and dual 2.5" exhaust.

I did have 265 degree intake cams for a short time but lost too much torque below 5000rpm.

Yeah, but was the torque lost when the ITB's were swapped on?
Most of the 228-232* OEM toyota cams i've seen don't loose any sub 2000rpm torque with pretty descently done 256* cams. Many have very little in the way of loss with 272* cams. they are pretty conservative.

I don't have any dyno data but it felt like it picked up torque across the board with the ITB's. I could leave it in 3rd gear and accelerate smoothly up hills from 20km/h (12mph). I have dyno charts showing a distinct drop in torque below 5000rpm when going from stock cams to 265 and I gained it back when swapping the stock intake cams back in.

Getting off topic now...

I have a few questions
1- the map i found on here what are the spec's (ie map sensor/injectors/na or turbo) ?
2- did you have to do any thing to any wires on the engine or just by the ecu besides the map/iat sensors like any pull down resistors ?
3- every thing i have seen looks pretty straight forward with the help of ELHSPURA and the setup maps but is it really that easy and how well does the ecu work ? Have you had to reload maps? Are you keeping a laptop with you just incase? Any problems this far? How fast does it upload/download ? Any problems with real time tuning ?How well does the map trace work ? How well does it stick to set A/F ratios

4-any chance of a second group buy ? Or a decent place to buy one ?

1 - There are two maps here http://www.adaptronic.com.au/field.php
The supercharged is a 2 bar, map based. The ITB I believe is Damien's, is map x tps based.
2 - I didn't have to do anything, but mine is wired as standalone. If you running as piggyback, then its different.
3 - Ecu has been running well. I am new to tuning and have been street tuning so it has been a long process tweeking the little things. But just getting the engine running took 5-10 minutes to upload, confirm functions, injectors, fuel pump, verify timing, etc. One of the hardest things I'm having to adjust is the knock sensor background level. My car has an extremely high level of background noise at 1500-2000 rpm. Hard to determine knock, but that is probably due to my inexperience.

thank you . I think im pretty much set on finding one.

for your knock problem ,Is it under load ? if your a/f is fine in that area pull out some timing if it dont go away dont worry about it . every motor is different when it comes to knock could be lifts, bad motor mount , exhaust raddle or a unshielded wire i know all the supra people run new knock sensor wires you may want to try that

thankx again
-donnie

hi im new to ecu tuning and i dont fully understand how to do it, but if i was able to complete my r154 swap could i just run adaptronic and and no ecu or would u still need it to run the dash lights?

i want to buy adaptronic but i dont want it to be a waste if i dont understand how to tune it.