Standalone ECU Adaptronic ECU

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
This thread is for the discussion of Adaptronic ECU. I know some of you guys recieved this ECU from the initial GP. Lets talk about the installation and programming.

Anyone going to buy an friend (LC-1) for their Adaptronic? Guess alot of people are still waiting for theirs.

Oh by the way, I got the shorter version of the harness and its too short. I would suggest the longer harness because its not much diference and you always can cut shorter, but you NEVER can cut it longer.

Anyone want to trade for a shorter harness? Perhaps I can contact Adaptronic if I can exchange for a longer harness and pay the price difference.

Anyway,

I have a question about the 16 Way connector. Option 2 Wires (please see page 11) My connector have those wire missing including the CAS GND - White internal. So my connector have 4 wires missing. Three from the Option 2 and one CAS GND. Anyone have similar connector?

Looks like its in the separate wiring
imag0004mr7.jpg
imag0007xf6.jpg

I think so. Actually the pins on the 16 and 20 pin plugs(black) look very similar to the OEM LS400. HAVE NOT CONFIRMED YET. Hold on and I'll take a look................

running downstairs to the garage...take some pics....run up the stairs...

........The LS400 uses two different sized pins in the ECU plug, small and large. The Adaptronic appears to use the same small ECU pins in the 16 & 20 pin connectors. Some of the wire pins may only have to be removed from from the ECU plug and inserted into the Adaptronic plug. Please keep in mind that this will not work for the 6 pin or the 8 pin plug. Take a look:
imag0011bx8.jpg

Treynon- Yes I do think it will work if you keep the Adaptronic in or near the original ECU location (ie: glovebox). Also to give a fellow Supra owner an idea for size comparison, 82 5MGE ECU, Adaptronic, and subframe bushing
imag0001vm3.jpg

The installation from Adaptronic on the Soarer wiring. Would the Soarer similar to the SC400 and would the SC400 similar to the LS400?

I would assume they would be similar, I am using the Soarer installation notes as a guide for my own install notes. I'll post my own notes that I've put together tomorrow for anyone that wants to compare notes.

Here are my notes I started over on celicasupra.com <<LINK>>. Please keep in mind that I am not using the OEM ECU in piggyback, Adaptronic will be by itself. So if you are using it with the factory ECU, you may need to alter this.
This is still not 100% complete, but should give every a rough idea.
elhsupra said:
Consolidated Info
++++ Update (Feb 4, 2007) ++++
Here is an Adaptronic EWD

LS400 ECU plugs

82 Supra chassis plugs (more to come)

FJO Wideband

Elh,

That is just fantastic. So I just follow your excel connection would work on my LS400? Do you mind writing a tutorial on this like I did on Split Second FTC1? If you can gather information and diagrams, then it would be just great. Can you send me those LS400 wiring diagrams. Its hard to read it in a picture format. My email is [email protected] Perhaps you can convert the LS400 Excel into PDF.

No problem, may take me until this weekend to put it together. Was also planning on posting my fuel/timing maps when I get done. Only difference will be that I'm swapping to larger 7MGE 315cc injectors. Gotta make sure I have enough fuel for the second stage N2O:sgrin:

It works! :bigok:
Spent the weekend inbetween rainshowers to wire my ECU. Ran sensor check, checked ignition, fuel pump, even did the injector test. All good, so I test fired it and it started right up.
Things I learned so far:
A. My ISC has a crack in it and is @#$!
B. The small OEM ECU pins are exactly the same as the Adaptronic. Makes for easy wiring with TPS, Water temp, IGT's, knock, Cam and crank sensors.
C. In Basic Setup / Trigger angles 3, 63, 33 - worked for me, maybe different with each car (confirmed with ignition lock on 10 and timing light on 10)

Lex, I can convert the excel to pdf, but only in black & white. Is that ok? Can also see what I can do at work tomorrow to convert to pdf.

I was talking 2 andy last week when i got my ECU. and there is an ad-on box cumming out soon that alows u to display vitals, fule/air maps ect, in real time on any LCD screen! (for those of us that like bling) The plan is 2 eventualy be able 2 ajust mixture ect on the run without the need of a loptop.