Adapting a ZF 4hp-24 to the 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

aniesigh

Hi Guys,
Am after some advice/info,
I have a 99 VVTi 1uz complete with the A650e 5 speed tranny, and was originlly getting an adapter made to go from the gearbox to a Land rover LT230 transfer box, however it seems i have been let down on the adapter which has brought me back to square one.

i am now thinking of ditching the A650 and mounting a ZF auto box behind the 1uz, as the ZF bolts straight to the LT230 as standard. the other option would be a TH400 and then an adapter to go to the LT230 but TH stuff isn't very common over here!
The model of box i am looking to use is the 4HP-24 found in P38 Range Rover's which are common as muck over here (UK)

I'm new to auto's and have never done any work on one, so bear with me if these are stupid questions!

So....
in general, what do i need to take into account when seeing if its a feasible adaption?

Would i be right in thinking the ideal solution would be to get the ZF torque converter mounted to the 1uz flex plate and then either an adapter plate made to fit the Range Rover bell housing to the 1uz block or an adapter made to go from the 1uz bellhousing to the range rover gearbox (depending on which will work best)

if that is the case...what is the likelyhood of the ZF torque converter being compatible with the lexus flex plate? can i re-drill the flex plate or is that a no-no? i guess the other option if not is a custom made flex plate.

From what i've found out it seems the ZF torque converter is 12 3/8" diamter, does anyone know the diameter of the 1uz TC?

please excuse my ramblings, hope someone can give me some idea of if its going to be possible :)

Hi,

old post !!

what you decided in the end ... do you have some pic?

I'm planning to do the same but having the output shaft from A650e to the LT230 without any adapter (case) .