Accessory deletion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
i've done it by using the spring loaded smooth tensioner right beside alternator and its a pain in the ass and squeals due to engine torque overcoming the spring loaded tension.

use the thor racing kit, its clean and easy

steve

They are extremely expensive.
For example, it's cheaper to buy a bellhousing/clutch kit from New Zealand and import it into the UK than buy it from Thor.

Shouldn't be to difficult to fabricate an adjustable pulley like the Thor item using a stock 1UZ-FE top idler pulley and a length of threaded rod.

i suppose i can fabricate my own, but time is something thats very tight atm, im fabricating a new inlet manifold and new exahust manifolds as well as a new tranny tunnel ( 1uzfe and 350z box in a widebody starion)
my plates full and adding more could seriously harm my mojo

i suppose i can fabricate my own, but time is something thats very tight atm, im fabricating a new inlet manifold and new exahust manifolds as well as a new tranny tunnel ( 1uzfe and 350z box in a widebody starion)
my plates full and adding more could seriously harm my mojo

We deleted the air conditioner pump and moved the ps pump to the ac pump space on the other side of the engineon our two Cobras. This is how we adapted the oem tensioner.

Take the original tensioner off the engine and remove the idler pulley.

Now split the casing from the backing plate ( IIRC its rivetted onto the pivot shaft) which exposes the tensioner spring.

You now have to reposition the spring through 180% so that it applies its tension in the opposite direction.

You only need to drill one hole in the tensioner body to locate the new position of the end of the spring and drill and tap another hole in the pivot shaft for a bolt and washer to hold everything together.

Replace the adapted tensioner in its original position. it looks exactly as it came out of the factory and costs nothing but about an hour of your time.

You will need to measure for a new belt however but you would be doing that anyway..

Its done over 7000 miles on one Cobra without any problems whatsoever , and there's never been a chirp out of the belt.

hth,

Cheers,

Tony

I just hinged the alt of the top bolt and made some brakets to mount on the lower bolt Hole to tension it. Cost me nothing.

im also removing the power steering, so all im gonna have is the crank pulley and alternator, cheers for the advice, i guess il just make my own, cheers :cool:

Ah, ok... same principle... just put some adjustment on the 'ole alternator... I should probably pull my PS too, but its kinda nice having it on 2+hr race stints :)