aaaaaaand another sump question!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Pro

hi all, can anyone tell em what sump would fit in front of this crossmember?

can i get away with a centre sump of would a front sump + modded swaybar be the go...?

it's a KE70 btw.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could sneek a mid bowl (early Crown) sump in there and leave the sway bar alone.

Whilst we all say mid sump it really is well forward.

I can measure my Crown sump and give you some dimensions if you want.

if you could Rod, i would be very grateful.

i was looking at it and thought mid-sump no probs - maybe shave a bit off the back of the pan but nothing major.

thanks for that.

I'd say front sump only.

Have a look at the position of the mounts compared to the mid sump. They are smack bang in the middle of the sump, which would put the sump smack bang in the middle of the crossmember, unless you have huge mounts.

Front some however should fit in that nicely. I'd rather be doing some slight firewall mods rather than sump/swaybar mods.

And Zuffen, I think you have the mid mixed up with the rear.
The mid sump is directly in the middle of the motor.
Its the rear sump which is not really a rear. Its more of a midrear, but even more mid than that.

mmmmmmm i see your point Andrew - thanks. will chase down a front sump.

re: swaybar - it'll be easy enuf to whip down to WA susp and have one made. i'd rather leave the sump and crossmember alone this time thanks!!!

and jibby - see my "comments" thread in General for my plans. this is the size of a KE70 - not big at all but a very roomy engine bay.

rebirth-almost3.jpg