A little help.. IDK if I'll ever finish this thing?!?!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

air4swun

Bad news for me. My 87 supra turbo got vandalized beyond reasonable salvage. Broken windows, bented fenders, busted lights dented targa top shattered rear glass, so I replaced it with a 1990 model. However I forgot that the wiring would be different for the 90 gte. Got the the 1uz swap for the 87gte to 96 1uz swap from Dr Tweak. The 90 has three harness ends dont match . I dont know what they go to because the computer was already gone when I bought the shell. Im not really too excited about pulling an engine out and removing the harness again to get it rewired. Here's some pictures. Can anyone help me out? Pinouts?

Attachments

• 2010-12-30_16-21-51_801.jpg
    2010-12-30_16-21-51_801.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 2010-12-30_16-22-48_497.jpg
    2010-12-30_16-22-48_497.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 4
Im assuming since I had it done the wiring designations would now only be the differences between the 87 and 1990 supra wiring. Am I wrong?

im sorry to hear that. as for the wiring i would go back to the diagrams and find the key differences between the wire colors and where they are in relation to the connectors then once you figure that out it will be easy to color match your custom harness to the 90 body harness

if you're on supramania or supraforums there's a user hvyman/88yota that is very familiar with doing early to late mkiii harness swaps. He's also the administrator on cencalsupras.com.

RE: Why would someone do that to an MK3 supra?

Well its a short story on assumption, ignorance, poverty.
1. car parked in friends driveway in Texas (who happens to be a white Georgia redneck and has a rebel flag in his pick up window)

2. Im black, and we hung out together all the time and half of our coworkers are black so racism is not a role...yet

3. Dumbass other black people assume hes a racist, assume the MK3 is his and well you get the idea.

4. Instead of approaching him they take Louisville sluggers to my ride.

5. I find out who it is, knock on theyre door. Two bit drug dealers with the combined IQ of a mayo sandwich. I told them to reimburse me for my baby and thier dumbass assumptions. They said no because they were broke I said most politely "ok :cool:" 4 days later.. their house was mysteriously raided by local law enforcement.:D They havent been heard from since.

So there it is! important rule: You cant be a criminal with a sense of ethics.

ouch, that sucks......
have you tried calling dr tweak and finding out if he can just change the plug ends for you? I'f he's willing he will do it, I'll be he will do it for a fraction of the price he did your whole harness for. There isn't a giant difference between the two once you remove the plugs hahah.

Well Ive no problem pulling the harness and sending it back. But.., would you really wanna pull an engine out and the harness off a fully assembled 1uz, wait 6 weeks then reinstall it, when you can solve the problem yourself within one hour? By the time I do that I could just line the plugs up myself. Ill just have to get to it when I come back in country. The pinouts should be the same as their respective years. Yeah actually I did buy one from you. You do fantastic work by the way. smooth edges, no pitting fits like it was from the yota folks themselves.