98 lexus sc 400 headers...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

nextlevelcoupe

I currently have a 95 lexus sc400 and i am about to swap the motor/tranny for a 98 sc 400 vvti v8(ecu,ignition,fuse boxes,etc). can you tell me what are the best headers(for this engine) i can get to install before i drop the motor in?

I think SSheaders pretty much the only choice you have. Second option would be Rushimports. However, they will not just drop in. The 1998 have different cat flanges so you need to mod your exhuast inorder to work with the 1998 headers.

Good luck..

Deron: Dave is correct. Those are youir only real "off-the-shelf" choices. I do not have any experience with the Rush headers, other than the fact that they are quite long, and I do not believe they are built for handling the emissions that are on US cars.

The SS Headers are built for the US market, and are shoirties, and supposedly are adding around 15 WHP. If you elect to go that way, be sure to have your muffler shop install a stainless 6" flex tube into your exhaust. That will allow for the movement in engine, and help keep the headers from cracking.

Good luck.

Ryan

how does that work? is it more involved than swapping over the major drivetrain components and changing the ecu?

It uses a gas pedal with a potentiometer attached to it insted of a cable. The computer receives the signal from the pedal and drives a stepper motor that is attached to the Throttle body.

I am sure that with a little bit of work, you could make the throttle body cable actuated or just adapt a diferent throttle body to the intake that is cable actuated.

It uses a gas pedal with a potentiometer attached to it insted of a cable. The computer receives the signal from the pedal and drives a stepper motor that is attached to the Throttle body.

I am sure that with a little bit of work, you could make the throttle body cable actuated or just adapt a different throttle body to the intake that is cable actuated.
thank you so much for that much needed info about this swap...is there anything else involved in this swap that you can think of?

Well I am pretty sure that none of the under dash / engine harness to chassis harness plugs are going to plug in so you will most likely neet to do some rewiring to at least get the instumentation to work. To be 100% honest, I dont know much at all about what all is going to be involved with doing this swap. I am sure that there is going to be a bunch of little nit-picky stuff that will be involved. Either way though, it can be done.

About the drive-by-wire, it might be easier to get the gas pedal assembly form the VVTI car and adapt it into yours and keep the drive-by-wire. It might even bolt right in being that as for as I know, there were no chassis changes between pre and post VVTI change-over, but it will have to be wired though, but if it is like most other drive-by-wire systems, it should only be 3 wires between the pedal and ECU.

i will also receive the interior wire harness to go with all the other parts mentioned. it looks like i'm going to have to add more parts to this ever-growing list of hardware.. thanks again for the invaluble info!!!! i'm going to see if there is any more hardware involved in this swap, it seems that my mechanic is stumped between the differences of my 95 and the 98. At any rate,i'm not thoroughly discouraged yet and look forward to proceeding ahead with this project!!

Patience, grasshopper...You will love your car when it is completed....Rome was not built in a day, and neither will your Masterpiece...But it will be awesome when completed....Make sure you install those aftermarket headers...

Ryan

Patience, grasshopper...You will love your car when it is completed....Rome was not built in a day, and neither will your Masterpiece...But it will be awesome when completed....Make sure you install those aftermarket headers...

Ryan
Thank you master Ryan,"wax on...wax off":006: ..i appreciated the support-i'm hoping for the best outcome with this..i will keep you guys posted every step of the way...