Video Supercharged 1997 SC400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JamesN

Here is some vids of a member over in CL. I think he did a great job. Make me really want to get working on this project soon.

How it sounds moving.

Getting squirly off the line!

Last edited by a moderator:
Uzz30 - This guy has a dragon torque converter and the supercharger which of course has no lag....A little traction and that all equates to instant throttle response...Very simular to my SC400 with dragon, Torsen LSD and Nitrous.......

I think he already posted a thread here as well.

James,
It's time to go boosting on your LS & take back whatever you'll lose...LOL. :006:. It'll be a lot quicker than a turbo system.

I think a properly sized turbo and just a good stall rate torque converter will still allow an SC400 to bolt off the line.... Supercharging may just cause traction problems at launch with an aggresive T.C.... I think a properly sized 1uz-fe turbo system would keep up with the supercharger system and may even beat it. The key is having the higher stall rate torque converter in combination with the turbo setup... The torque converter will take care of your launch speed until the turbo boost comes on..

Example: With my Precision industries "dragon torque converter" my rears can still break loose some with out the use of my Nitrous system...Purely N/A my SC4 really bolts 0-30mph from a dead start all because of the aggressive torque converter stall rate 2200 (I think)... All the outside mods such as exhaust, headers, ECU piggy, and intake really just helps your topend power out...TC is all about lowend torque....However, after 30mph you will get slow, you will need nos, you will need a turbo, or you will need a supercharger setup or else you will get worked over... The 4.0 liter 1uz-fe N/A just simply does not provide enough umphh to get the heavy SC4 moving in a quarter mile sprint...

I think he already posted a thread here as well.

James,
It's time to go boosting on your LS & take back whatever you'll lose...LOL. :006:. It'll be a lot quicker than a turbo system.

Good find steve. Sorry for the repost everyone. I'm getting anxious of boosting the LS. Just want massive torque off the line. I don't plan on racing the LS just want good launch from light to light. I got hit up many times by 300C srt8 and Charger. I know I'm no match for their Hemi but maybe I can stand my ground when I'm boosting. :approve:

:Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy: Yeah Quebec, I know Nitrous isn't boost and kinda sucks but it still gets the car bolting and maybe even more so then boost....

as long as you have fun with your car, it's all that matters, NOS or not, or anything else.

Attachments

• P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010012.JPG
    P1010012.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 5
  • P1010013.JPG
    P1010013.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010014.JPG
    P1010014.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 6
Would it be coold if my LS would get a 5.0L with 9.5 compression with a M112? Wow.....
How about 4 electric superchargers ($200 on discount) & a super huge alternator (the front mounted one with your innovation) with 5.0 L & 9.5 compresion? Oh my! It'll rock.

Can we customize a smaller pulley for the alternator so that it'll spin faster and create more power without getting overheated? Has anyone done this before?

...I am currently looking for a good deal on a M90 eaton supercharger kit made to fit the SC4...I am checking for deal on Ebay every day and waiting for one to pop up...(complete system) I always thought they were around $5000 complete or so...To my suprise I am seeing entire M90 eaton systems popping up on ebay for around $1500... The Eaton M90 chargers themselves for like $300...That I can do and will do....

I would love to bolt an M90 charger in combination with my current nos system.... That would surely get my SC moving...

Question? Do you guys know if the 2.25" mandrel exhaust will flow well enough to handle a pegged out Eaton M90/100 nitrous shot on the 1uz-fe? Trying to think the whole package thru in my head and what is needed outside the charger kit, ECU, and larger injectors......

Those vids look and sound too good!!!!

Its kindda funny. My friend junkyard had it once a while. I asked him how much would be a used one and he said $75 USD. However, he doesn't get then that often. I am more interested in the M112 instead. If you guys need a M112, Cribbj have a brand new one for a very good price.

John,
Nice thought!!!!! Finally...a new adventure. :Eyecrazy: I know for sure your dual 2.25" exhaust will support more than you need, even after you break the pistons or the rods. I'm be using this 2.25" pipe on my turbo system. There're many cars with a single 3" pipe that make well over 600 rwhp.

Lex - the M112 would be ideal and I would probably dump my nos system altogether if it were possible to fit one.... It is my understanding that the M112 sits to high under the hood of an SC400... With the size of the M112 combined with the high rise manifold it sits on, it just not happening.. Heck, the tiny M90 is a tight squeeze from the applications I have already seen on the SC's... Just not that much room to play with on the SC4's I guess..

James - that is good news, I wasn't sure if I would be restricted a bit... Just wanted to clarify that fact... I will keep you guys posted on my progress... I'm a %100 go on this one....

James - How is your turbo'd SC running these days?...Have you ironed out all the tuning bugs and got it bolting down the road yet? Your setup looked real nice last time I saw it...

What's funny is it seems all the great deals on the complete Eaton charger systems are all fitted for the Fords, hard to find the complete SC4 package with 1uz-fe charger manifold included... They do pop up though...