'93 UZZ31 not starting

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Meiser

Good afternoon everyone

My UZZ31 Soarer is no longer starting. I last had it up and running fine in August last year and when I next went out to do some work on it, it refused to start. I made a (rather poor) video of the noise it made when I tried to start it and here's the link:

http://youtu.be/XVgrQzBo7w4

Basically, I suspect that the belt has jumped. I know it is a bit of a long shot, but is anyone able to confirm/deny my suspicions? If the belt has jumped, is there a "quick" way to realign everything without having to do a full strip down?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

the beep sounds like key in ignition and door open alarm , engine sounds like flat battery. I always look for the simple stuff first.

the beep sounds like key in ignition and door open alarm , engine sounds like flat battery. I always look for the simple stuff first.

Hello!

The battery I borrowed from my daily driver (an IS200) as the battery on my Soarer was completely flat. I used that exact same battery when it was starting and running perfectly fine, so in this instance I am ruling that out. I can provide a link to a video showing when I first got it running (after standing for close to 5 years) if needs be?

I failed to add in my description of the problem that after the engine cranks a few times, exhaust gasses pop (a VERY loud pop) out of the inlet tract. Any help?

There could be a stuck valve which might explain the odd firing . The plastic covers give good access to the timing belt so hopefully you can remove these and make sure all the timing marks line up. I haven't done the belt on these yet .

Did you have any solution to your problem Meiser?

My 93' UZ is doing the same exact thing.

Sorry for the extremely late response (and for dragging this thread back from the brink); yes I did eventually find a solution - my timing was out. How it became out it's still a mystery to this day, but getting everything properly aligned again sorted it out :).