92 SC TT build in Kuwait, nissan box

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Basel_520

Hi, I am planning a twin turbo build for a 92 1uz sc

I have most of the parts I think I need but would like an opinion as I am new to the UZ. I am more familiar with working with 2JZ engines. The original plan was a 2JZ swap, as I started looking for something more unique the plan became a 1JZ swap. (there are already a few 2JZ SCs around here in Kuwait).

I now realise there are no V8 TTs here so thats the new plan.

I have :
A RB25 transmission with adapter plate and clutch and flywheel for 2JZ + yoke (need to adapt for 1UZ, not sure how that will work exactly but I will find out when the motor is out), I also have a 3SGTE flywheel

Proefi 128 ECU with a bunch of sensors (only 1 O2 sensor, but since the plan is V8 now I will have to order another one)

8 LS1 coils from C5 vette.

2 used turbos from a JDM 2JZGTE. I figure these are good for 400hp at the wheels for now. I have a TIAL BOV and 4" intercooler.

The cylinder heads need overhauling, I will port the heads and considering cams.

and 1 cooling mist methanol kit.

I guess all Im missing in parts is a clutch master cylinder, clutch and brake pedals and electric radiator fan, and a alum radiator.

From what I gather, the mechanical bits at the engine like up pipes, down pipe etc should be pretty straight forward, All Im worried about is fitting the transmission up.

I know there are drawings on the forums for manifold flanges, but couldnt find them. Is the factory flange weldable if I chop the factory manifolds up, or would I be better off using the factory manifolds + up pipe (without losing P/S or A/C, or any other options)

as for the trans has anyone fitted a Nissan RB trans to a 1UZ? Can a 1UZ flywheel be modified to fit, or maybe a 3SGTE flywheel.

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask but will a RB25DET transmission survive fitted to this engine?

If everything works well im eventually gonna build this engine up, and probably get a V160 + tt supra diff., if not I lose a bet and have to get a 2JZ in there.

Any thoughts, criticism, recommendations greatly appreciated.

Target is 14 psi w meth. Ive read bad things about stock 1UZs beyond 10 psi?? is it true? our pump gas is 94oct

Thanks
Basel

Last edited:
the nissan r8 can be adapted, but isn't worth it because of the cost of making such a large adaptor. also if you're looking for a 6 speed option you hould go with a t56 instead for lots of reasons.

I couldn't find any other transmissions locally. Only other thing I found were W58s and Silvia 5 speeds. I figured Im going to cut and weld the bellhousings to make the RB25 transmission fit.

Ive been reading alot the past few days. looks like my motor being a early 1UZ I can push over 500. (seen claims that 700 or even 1000?? is possible)

I dont mind breaking the motor and rebuilding but I worry about rods punching a hole thru the block.

I ordered the pedals and master cylinder waiting for them to come in from japan.

I start pulling the engine out in 2 weeks.
I go to college, last semester. summer starts in 2 weeks.

I have a TIG welder I do alot of Stainless steel for a friend who swaps 2JZs into anything you've ever thought of. I am O.K. with aluminium but I've been getting more practice lately.

I will have to rewire most of the harness because of the coils and the paired injectors, MAP, IAT ETC ETC.
I recently found out the 1UZ fuel system is return-less so I will have to deal with that too. Shopping for injectors. thinking 750cc a little more than I need but at least I wont have to touch them again. A friend suggested I get 2200cc injectors. If i can get a good set used then Im going with em. Ive used them before. they idle very nicely.

I am trying to keep cost down, and I will do as much as I can at home. I am not employed. I do make some money from time to time from tuning but during the summer, jobs are few and far between.

I will post pics when I get started. or should this be on the project board?