91' 4runner engine swap...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

914runnr

I own a 91' 4Runner with a stock 3.0 V6, but considering the engine size, it burns too much gas and has very little power. So, now I am looking to swap out the 3.0 to the Lexus 1UZFE. What kind of adaption kit am I going to need for this kind of swap? Where can I find a 1UZFE? What kind of labor am I looking at? Cost? Right now, it is an automatic tranny... I was thinking about converting to standard once I get the engine swap. Gas is no issue here, as long as the power and performance is worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to our forum. 1UZFE engines can be obtain from $200 to $600 usd. Try ebay if not my friend has 4 engines at home. You can put in a standard transmission with adaptor kits. Try Dellow they are pretty good.

I own a 91' 4Runner with a stock 3.0 V6, but considering the engine size, it burns too much gas and has very little power. So, now I am looking to swap out the 3.0 to the Lexus 1UZFE. What kind of adaption kit am I going to need for this kind of swap? Where can I find a 1UZFE? What kind of labor am I looking at? Cost? Right now, it as an automatic tranny... I was thinkin about converting to standard once I get the engine swap. Gas is no issue here, as long as the power and performance is worth itAny suggestions???
Look on pirate4x4.com theres an excellent full length in depth article on this swap.

Attachments

• Camry.JPG
    Camry.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Scion.JPG
    Scion.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 0