86 4runner 1uz/r150f swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

BerHntr

Our local pullapart yard had a 91 ls400 come in the other day so I grabbed everything I could think of.
Ok here's what I got off my donor car, the smaller ecu is for abs so ignore that

2011-09-13171627.jpg

These are the plugs on my engine harness. I'm pretty sure these go to ecu
2011-09-13172111.jpg

And them theres these three plugs that I dont recall where they went
2011-09-13172129.jpg

Also here is my ecu, when I looked up the number it came back as not having traction control, is this accurate information?
2011-09-13171711.jpg

2011-09-13171742.jpg

apparently someone had gotten to the car before I did so I'm missing a few things, can you tell what I'm missing?
2011-09-13172026.jpg

That's just a celsior or ls400 engine ecu
And the 3 other Plugs are the body plugs
Get a multimeter and work out what they do then your set

Not much to update, been busy with other projects. Did buy a trans/tcase and picked up these wheels for cheap. Hopefully I can stop procrastinating on forking over the $500 for the bellhousing and this project will actually make some head way

2011-10-30155336.jpg

Ok I've been busy with this project, ordered my bellhousing, got it bolted up and in the truck. I got the motor in and bolted to the trans. In the process though I disconnected the steeringso I could get the motor as low as possible. I was hoping I could get a dropped pitman arm and get underneath theoil pan but no luck. So now I am waiting on my body lift to get here so I can get the mounts finished. In the meantime I have been working on the wiring side of things. So far I have pulled out all of the auto wiring. Here are a couple shots of the progress.

2011-12-01164618.jpg

2012-02-05184845.jpg

2012-02-15192312.jpg

The wires in the bottom right corner are the ones I depinned from the harness
2012-02-15211540.jpg

could you go to fully hydro steering? or put a bend in your tie rod?

I probably could but I don't think either would be very safe for a daily driver. I'm just gonna do the body lift for now. When I sas the rig I may do something different and try to get rid of the BL

Notch sump to clear steering and make a relocation kit for the steering damper. While notching sump increase capacity to 10l of oil, keep engine to 10 degrees down to the rear (as original) and no problem. For oil filter use an SC400 housing and Leone Filter Ryco number Z493. The increase of oil capacity does help keep them cool by the way

Hamfish the " belabouring" or bellhousing is purchased on eBay from a seller called ksracing who is based in Thailand. Not sure about eastern states but in WA they turn up within 3 days. Quality is good yet finish if you want a show car is marginal, sweet for a 4wd tho and exactly the same height as the original 4wd bell so no problems with input shaft length, that is unless some idiot has bought a V6 Prado box as they do have the longer shaft then you do have a problem. Cut 35mm off the clutch slave mount on the supplied bellhousing. Use you stock clutchfork and pivot (some of his earlier ones you had to fit a helicoil to the thread there) use an extreme performance flywheel with 80 series cruiser clutch disc and release bearing and you're done. As near as dammit as you will get to a factory feel and operation Toyota V8 4wd clutch with reliability too boot. Unlike that Dellows stuff where the bell is 10mm too short and you not only end up with a clutch that is like compressing a brick but works when it wants to not when you want it to

cheers dude for the extra info. im building the v8 as we speak. You know if ARP or anyone else makes oversize pistons for the 1uz? My bores are water marked so im thinking 20thou oversize but if i cant get them hopefully 40thou. Ive been intouch with bullet but they told me 12 weeks to make em.

There are plenty of bolt in and go flywheels avaliable in our part of the world. No machining and ring gears already fitted. Maybe I should ship a pallet of them to the states.

I have seen a few kits out there, I just wasn't sure if there was a flywheel from another vehicle that was a bolt on.

gloverman: have you updated your manual for electronics yet?

I do the wiring instructions separate to match the different ECUs from different years. My wiring instructions are coming along well. Fixed one of our UK members vehicles last weekend with one of my more personalised set of instructions and about to do another one. Cheers