797,000 km's on a 1996 LS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fastegg

There's a limosine for sale in Queensland (Australia) with 797,000 on the clock. Ive email him asking if its all origional re:engine / transmission etc and are awaiting response. IS this the highest mileage LS400 alive ?

Cool. Anyone know if this would be VVTi? Or is it just the simple 1UZ with the plastic cover? Similar to 1995+ SC400?

Wow... I thought mine was high k's and that has exactly triple what mine does.

I have a neighbor out in Colorado with 400,000 on his. Unopened. He does burn some oil during startup but he says it goes away after warm up. I guess if you just "drive" them w/o mods they really do last forever.

But 800,000 miles.... thats rediculous!

Plenty of 6cyl ford falcon taxi's running around with over 1mk on them with original engines.

The major service is when you do the timing belt every 100,000k I think.

Plenty of 6cyl ford falcon taxi's running around with over 1mk on them with original engines.

They are chain and usually last as long as the engine..
Run clean on LPG and always warm helps..

That is major service. All of the Toyota Diesel engines I have read about have a "Major Service" interval at which point the manual suggests removing the head and changing big end bearings, inspecting most moving parts etc. It is much more than 100k. Like 500k I thought (for diesel, and less for petrol).

No denying they are a great motor, and reliable in stock trim. Just wondered what Toyota had layed down as a ballpark figure. They do lots of R&D.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ford 6 engine wouldn't be touched in that time..

We are in metric down under ...

Major service is brakes, wheel bearings etc re packed, auto service..
No engine service other than spark plugs and oil change...

It just seems to be one of those things that when the engine gets a bit of age 150 - 200k things like main seals and water pump etc just seem to start to let go.

Very rare you hear about a std engine dropping it's guts so if you keep up the servicing they do seem to last a long time.

The belt comment was for the lexus engine not the Ford. The Ford 6 just seems to run forever unfortunatly, have you ever been in a taxi in Melbourne I wish some of those engines would die.....

797,000km LS400

I am a Manly taxi driver in Sydney and most of out falcon's are replaced because of age not distance traveled... Taxi's can must be replaced after 6 years and usually have about 750,000km up. In that time they'd do 2 diff's, one transmission, 3 starter motors, 2 altinators and 2 sets of shocks...
I guess for the money you pay for them there a dam good robust workhorse
and even at 750,00km they easily pass a pit inspection and the engine whilst probably 'tired' still drive fine, don't blow any smoke and to my knowledge don't use any oil.
However, after driving one 300+km on a 12 hour shift...... i get in my LS to drive home, its then that i really appreciate my Lex..... it just feels soooooo
nice..... soooooooooo silky smooth....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Its then i am sooooo glad i bought it :)

I'm selling my LS with just under 400,000KM on it. All original, it burns a small amount of oil on start, but other than that it runs sweet as a mint!