75 series landcriuser. does 1UZ fit?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

deankdx

hi 4WD experts, i like the idea of the hilux conversion but i also like the 75 series landcruisers look and abillity(told that they are robust and capable off road)

on a side note how much water would you allow to come onto the engine for water damage to alternator etc?
would the answer be dont go near water in a 1UZ 4WD?
i dont need a 4WD i just want one for when i get bored with the DIRT BIKE

The water and alternator problem is no worse than any other 4x4. Think about the V8 Landcruiser. It has basicaly the same engine and it does OK off road.

It may not be the best off roader (without question) but its more than capable.

The engine bay is HUGE! on a 75 series. You'd have no problems in fitting it.

My cousin is hoping to do it to his very nice 75 series this year.

I wouldn't be worried about the alternator. It was the same height in my V6 and it lasted pretty well. Blew the regulator on the odd occasion. But it was fine on most mud/water crossings.

thanx guys, i'm going to store this info in the back of my brain for now, got a few other projects first

regarding the water Vs electrical stuff, can these be drowned in a river crossing and blow up? or do you cut power so they dont short or something?? (total nooB whan it comes to 4WD stuff)

deankdx said:
regarding the water Vs electrical stuff, can these be drowned in a river crossing and blow up? or do you cut power so they dont short or something?? (total nooB whan it comes to 4WD stuff)
Thats something I've always wondered. Mine only ever went in full on mud. All fresh water creek crossing it has been fine.

For axample, this blew the regulator on my alternator
aaj.sized.jpg

It was fine with this
aak.jpg

A mate and I had the same idea about wether you could somehow disconnect the alternator when doing the crossing preventing it from getting damaged. I'd still like to know if this can be done.

I wonder about the auto also. It has electronics doesn't it? Wouldn't that make it vulnerable being so low on the car?

When first looking at a 1UZ conversion for their off road weapons I see a couple of guys wanted either manuals or T700 instead of the Toy auto.. I wondered whether the waterproofing thing had something to do with it.

Twisty,

If you remove the 12v power from the exiter circuit in your alternator it will run for while without doing any damage.

The exiter circuit is (I think) the small white or yellow feed wire running thru a 7.5AMP fuse.

Have a look at your wiring diagram. It would be possible to insert a switch in the feed so you could turn it on and off as required.

Chat to your Auto sparks man to see what he thinks.