75 Cruiser

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
A few weeks ago my old man helped me make a start on my exhaust. I'm running twin 2.5" pipes into a single 3". Here's a pic of the front pipes.

000_0203.jpg

What headers are you going with? Exhuast flow gains are big with the 1uz's when comparing to the stock cars and stock exhaust these motors came in...

Nice mandrell bends on the pipes... I am wondering with all those weld jobs on the pipes will it slow down flow or did you smooth or mate the pipes smoothly on the insides with each weld connection??...

Hi Jib, I am running the stock Soarer manifolds. We lined the joints in the pipework up flush before welding. It isn't perfect by any means but is better than i've seen come out of some exhaust shops.
After all this is a four wheel drive, not a drag car. As you say it will flow better than the factory system.

Bit of a coincidence Big, I have'nt been on here for a while.

All things going well, my 1UZ will be running for the first time in it's new home this friday 8/2/08.

Sideshow (a member on here), is travelling 3.5 hours from Sydney this friday to wire my conversion.

Last weekend I drained the tank of the 4 year old fuel and gave her some fresh premium unleaded. Also changed the oil, filled the cooling system, power steer and hydro fan.

Probably have forgotten something, but will post some pics and vid soon...

Well sideshow came up on friday and completed the wiring. He did a top job and the 1UZ is now purring like a kitten (read cranky kitten).
I just have to rig up the throttle cable, fill and bleed brakes and clutch, then I can go for a drive.
Only main things left to do are sandblast and paint the tray, finish the exhaust and get a new bullbar then it's ready for engineering and rego.

100_0981-1.jpg

100_0977-1.jpg

100_0978.jpg

100_0980.jpg

This is whats left of the Soarer frontcut going to scrap

100_0976.jpg

Hope this vid works
http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r126/beatophoto/Videos/?action=view&current=100_0982.flv

Got a few things sorted..I think ie Cold starting..also I went for the single exhaust for a couple reasons..main one was for torque..2 pipes don't give as much as a single does but on the flip side twins give better flow and top end.. my truck is going to be a winch truck and speed is not what i need..MORE TORQUE BABY..hehe but thats about it..Might SC it later to get more tq and Hp and go with 35" Simexs when my superswampers have been there done that..cheers..BTW looks too tidy..LOL

Yea I have had Holden V8's before with twin exhausts and they sound good but after talkin to people in the know they say the UZ's sound just as good through a big single, which is cheaper and after all it's a 4wd not a street machine.

Tray back is now painted and ready for refitting, not long now and it will be engineered and rego'ed. I drove it about 15 km's from my parents place to my mates workshop last week and everything seemed ok, was happy with gearing and performance etc.
Phone pics of tray
08062008216.jpg

08062008217.jpg

Here is a quick vid of it in action in the old mans front yard. (Front pipes only).

th_100_1042.jpg

I gotta say Beato..It's a work of art..mate thing is like brand new..You won't wanna get it dirty...LOL..come over and I'll show dirty:saeek: :crazy: :bigeyes: :la: ..hehehe

Don't worry Big, it will get dirty. It snows about 45mins drive up the mountain from here, so I can't wait to turn white snow brown!

mate this rig looks awesome!! you wont be disappointed with it at all!! i have a 1uz in my bundera hybrid and holy poo there is so much more room in your engine bay compared to mine haha should be a nice toy!!

Evan

Attachments

• board-auth.pl.jpg
    board-auth.pl.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 389
  • board-auth.pl4.jpg
    board-auth.pl4.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 382
  • board-auth.plq.jpg
    board-auth.plq.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 380
Cheers Evan. I live not far from you mate, up the road in Gloucester. I wish I had found you for a chat at Tuff Truck, I didn't realise you were running a 1UZ until I seen your Bundy on here.

Here are some pics from yesterday when we fitted the tray. Next job will be to fold up some mud guards.

100_1063.jpg

100_1067.jpg

100_1070.jpg

Attachments

• TurboManifold.jpg
    TurboManifold.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Merge.jpg
    Merge.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 12
  • CrossRunner.jpg
    CrossRunner.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IntercoolerIn.jpg
    IntercoolerIn.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IntercoolerOut.jpg
    IntercoolerOut.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 13
Nice Beato.... Looks like it will rip....

Check this monster out..1uz powered too..

http://s58.photobucket.com/album/g2...t=P3290267.flv

The vid didn't grab, but it showed the Cruiser reving with the 1uz sitting under the hood... You get the picture anyway.. I think this one is build more for rock climbing though..

yea mate that one is built for rock climbing and hardcore bush work!! if ya want a different vid let me know and i can take another one!! yea its mine! im actually not that far from this tidy ute!!

Evan