75 Cruiser

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Gidday Beato..Not sure whats going on BUT i just got a email back from Dellow about the bellhousing abd they now are saying that they do not make one for the BJ70 series H55F gearbox...:censored: Can you let me know what Box you have..?as this is now getting a bit outa hand if so..
Cheers Beato

Gidday Beato..Not sure whats going on BUT i just got a email back from Dellow about the bellhousing abd they now are saying that they do not make one for the BJ70 series H55F gearbox...:censored: Can you let me know what Box you have..?as this is now getting a bit outa hand if so..
Cheers Beato

Never mind..lol got CRS to do it..hahaha and i'd say it's the same kit...sounded like it will be ok..The clutch setup that is..as running a manual you do want to have a bit of slip when you want to ride it..as a posed to being either in or out..bugger that..lol
Started my thread so will post up as i go.Cheers

Got some pics today of my cooling system completed.
I used a new HZJ75 radiator and shroud, fitted with the hydro fan set up from the Soarer front-cut. I mounted the fluid tank piggybacked to the radiator overflow bottle, and mounted the oil cooler between the radiator and the headlight. I was lucky enough to be able to use all the factory hoses to plumb the system up.
000_0179.jpg

000_0181.jpg

000_0183.jpg

000_0184.jpg

Very Clean & Nice …
How you are planning to control the hydro fan ?? I guess using the stock controller is the better why ..

Hey Beato, what exactly is your gearbox? and if it's a H55F did you have to mod the crossmember?My conversion is starting to get a little outta hand..just trying to sort things out .BTW is your truck like brand new?or a complete ground up rebuild?It's like beautyfull barry.. :saevil:

G'day Big, lol, my rig ain't new, it's a 1985 model that has had a ground up rebuild. My best mate is a panel beater and there has been many hours and beers spent to get it lookin like it does.
Yes my gearbox is a H55F.
No I have not modified the crossmember. My gearbox still sits in the factory position north-south, but I have made a spacer to lift the box up 40mm on the crossmember to allow me to mount the engine higher to give better sump clearence etc. ( This was possible as I also have 50mm body lift blocks).
Not sure if I've mentioned in this thread that I had to modify the firewall quite a bit to mount the engine where I have. You could mount the engine further foward, but then you would have to modify the crossmember, tailshafts, trans tunnel holes and probably a stepped shifter as the stick would be up the dash.
I'm not sure, but if yours was a four pot diesel, then I think your gearbox may have a different length input shaft to mine. Looking at your pics of your kit, this is probably why you have that big thick spacer that goes between the bellhousing and gearbox. If my guess is right, then this may help you mount the engine forward to minimise firewall mods.
Anyway enough typing, I hope some of this helps mate. I know how you feel, but don't give up. Drop me a line if you want to know more.
Cheers ,Beato

Thanks Beato,Just read your post on my thread and yeah my box does have the longer input shaft,and I also have a rear sump lex too :) so the front axles shouldn't be any problem..fingers crossed..:)
Will ask if I need to and thanks for ya help

Keri

1uz cruiser

Hi im also doing a 1uz into a 70 swb cruiser I also want to use my 5 speed box. Im stuck finding a bellhousing kit could you give me a wep site i can go to or a number i can ring.

Yeah I don't know big, Yes everything in the dellow kit has bolted up good and proper, but my rig is'nt running yet and I did'nt find out about the dodgy clutches until I already had the kit. When I first looked into it both dellow and crs kits were about the same money, so I guess time will tell...

Spent a few hours last weekend mounting my fuel surge tank and pumps. I made a bracket and mounted the surge tank on the inside of the drivers side chassis rail. I fitted an inline filter on the lift line and mounted the lift pump on top of the chassis rail. I have the high pressure pump temporarily mounted as I think it may end up too close to the exhaust.
000_0187.jpg

000_0197.jpg

000_0200.jpg

000_0199.jpg

Just looking at the pics of how you have mounted your fuel pump etc. When I did my Holden V8 conversion I looked into all that type of thing and found
1) I did not need a primary fuel pump or surge tank at all (and my V8 is 5.7 litre HSV number) Even on full power runs, and yes I do do the occasional one, I have never had an issue with fuel starvation or abnormal fuel pressure drops.
2) My engineer advised me to keep all added fuel system components right away from the g/box area. My high pressure pump and fuel filter are mounted on a Marks Adaptors bracket on the outside of the drivers side chassis rail. The bracket protects the pump and also allows easy unimpeded access to it.

Well if or when it gets knocked back I will change it.
I have read on other forums that at least 2 1UZ conversions without surge tanks have had fuel surge and pump cavitation problems.

Question Beato..did you change your clutch master cylinder..? to the one you have now as my TB and position of afm will hit the vac on the master cylinder and i'm looking at rotating the manufold to clear these issues..what did you do?cheers..:beerchug:

That is a really nice project you have going on... Super light in weight looking and with a well tuned 1uz-fe motor under the hood that Cruiser should fly....SWEET..

What about the backend cabin? Any plans for the rearend or are you just keeping it simple and light?

It's too bad the 75 cruiser don't come equiped with the differential lock up, limited slip differentials... That is the one problem I faced with my 74 Cruisers of the past with the Chevy small block conversions... Never could get all four wheels spinning at the same time with those stock differentials... Traction suffered in the Sand and massive hill climbs with loose gravel...Had to just hammer it and blast up the hill rather then crawl...

Hi Big, I am running the stock clutch master cylinder. All I did to the intake was remove the black plastic box that hangs off the bottom of the intake elbow just before the throttle body. Everything else in that area has good clearence but you may have mounted your engine different to mine.

Hi Jibby, I dont know about the 75 being "light weight", but I'm hoping it will move along O.K. As for the rear, I will be refitting the steel drop side table top tray once it has been sand blasted and colour coded to the body. As for the diffs, I plan to fit a Detriot auto locker in the rear.
Cheers Beato

Yeah, those Cruisers aren't light in weight by nature...It just looked as if you stripped it down and put that cruiser on a serious diet...

I am impressed at how spotless and clean your landcruiser is...It's like brand new... Talk about a detail job...