75 Cruiser

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Nice Cruiser,I have one the same and bought it with the conversion already done.My engine has been installed on an angle with the drivers side cylinder bank being a good 4-5cm lower than the other.What box and bell housing are you using?Thanks Dazza

Hi Dazza, I have wondered how many others might be floating around. I am using the factory Landcruiser 5 speed manual and Dellow converson kit. I have mounted my engine in level, but have heard of another guy that had trouble with a CRS bellhousing that made the engine lay over. How is your ute to drive? Is yours manual? I have wondered about the suitability of the gearing and the revs/ torque. Cant wait to get it finished, getting close now with exhaust and wiring being the biggest jobs left.

Hi Beato,Mine is also factory 5 speed,ratios are good 1-4 but 5 lacks a bit of torque.I am looking at FI for that bit extra.Overall good to drive but mine has 12 + feet between axles and a duel cab with full length tray,2800kg empty.I reckon the bell housing must be a CRS,what did the Dellow cost? seeya

Dazza, Dellow bellhousing is around $550, but by the time I got flywheel, clutch and all the other bits and pieces with freight cost me like $1600.
Good to hear your happy with performance, mine won't be that heavy so should be good. Cheers Paul

v8 cruiser

Hi Beato,

Looks like you are doing a great job on the cruiser. This is a conversion I was wondering about for my wifes 80 series. I will have to contact Dellow and see if they have a bellhousing for ours, as I'm not sure if the 5 speeds are the same. Keep up the good work and let us know how she goes.

Kevin

P.S. Where abouts in NSW are you, I'm in Liverpool (Sydney). PM me if you dont want to put it up here. Cheers

Hey Kev, I live in Gloucester, about 3 hours north of Sydney. If your 80 is an early 3F petrol, then you can use the same bellhousing as me. If it is diesel it is probably different but not sure.
Cheers mate.

looking good beato, took mine for a spin up the street, 1st gear idling along, put the foot down and lit the 35's up easyer than our 5.7ltr dunnydore, and it's not tuned yet!, i'm thinking it will be fine for power.
i had trouble with crs at first but they made a new adaptor, fine now and the motor sits level.

Thanks Thommo. By the sounds of that I'll need to fit a rear auto-locker or I'll be doin big one leggers everywhere with my heavy right foot.
Where did you get vac for your brake booster? was it from the rear of the plenum just above the EGR fitting?
Also mate did you have any sump clearance issues? Mine is going to be close but am going to wait until its going and flex it up to check it out before I go modifying.

the next thing im putting in is an auto locker, i got the vac from where the ICS valve was ( i'm now running a microtech ecu), and i'm going to have to mod the sump, havn't done it yet, but i will let you know how i goDSC01719.jpg

I have a 75 series Troopie that I would like to take the Holden v8 out of and fit a UZFE. I knew Castlemaine did an adapter bell housing but I didn't know Dellow did one, what about engine mounts did you have to make your own or are they in kits as well.

I was about to fit an AdapTronic ECU to my Holden v8 but am having second thoughts again as I would like to make the Toyota all Toyota again and for the Holden v8 into a panel van or something similar.

Any info on mounts etc. is greatly apppreciated.
Michael.

Hi Michael
Yes I got engine mount brackets with the dellow kit, but they were that crap I ended up fabricating my own. The dellow brackets were made of thin steel, not gussetted, were the wrong shape and size and would have to be the biggest waste of $85 I have spent on my ute so far!!!

The mounts I made were just heavy bits of angle, gussetted and welded to the chassis rails to accept the Landcruiser rubbers and the factory Lexus alloy block mounts. Hope that makes sence, sorry don't have any photo's of them yet.

Beato..the Dellow's kit.. did you have any issues using it..I just posted about the BJ70 that i'm going to use and i'm struggling to find the right bellhousing and flywheel,cluctch assembly.here in NZ.? can you list up what you used so i can either track down the parts and or order them through dellows..BTW nice looking truck:madfawk: ..wish mine was as good looking as yours...hehehe mines been around the world and back..:sleeping: Any help would be awesome as I'm due to order up all the bits this week so i can get this underway ASAP...:006: Just got it last week so i'm keen as mustard to get this rockin and rollin...

G'day Big, yes I used a complete Dellow kit, including Bellhousing, flywheel, clutch plate, pressure plate, clutch fork, thrust race & carrier and pilot bush. Their catalogue list price for all this is about $1450AUD. By the time I sent my ring gear for them to fit to the flywheel, plus postage etc. it set me back closer to $1600.
So far everything has gone together good, but I can't say too much as I have'nt got it running yet. Since buying the kit I have read that their clutches are'nt much chop, but only time will tell.