'72 RA21 Coupe, 1uzfe and Single Turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hm, I think the T56 is a good&strong transmission?:confused:
Maybe you need this mod, to be sure there is oil on the input and counter shaft every time.

Screenshot_2015-07-11-10-14-48-640x360.png

Screenshot_2015-07-11-10-14-22-640x360.png

I killed my R154 input shaft gear and counter shaft too. In my opinion it's caused of low oil level in the front of the transmission while hard acceleration.

Let's see what's up with your T56...

Nah don't worry guys nothing I did or didn't do broke this transmission, I've known there's been something wrong with this transmission but Tremec refused to do anything about it other than blame it on an installation problem. Legitimately it sounded like rocks in a blender after about 50-100km from new, I shipped it to them at my cost both ways and asked them to test it and open it up and certify it, they refused to do anything other than spin it without any load and make sure all gears worked!!!! Myself and the shop I purchased it at fought with them for over a year, well this is 190km since they last said there was nothing wrong with it.

Pilot bearings are double roller and have over 15mm of engagement, fluid has always been type III ATF as per their spec and <0.001 input shaft runout (their spec is <0.010)

I myself had the transmission apart before and there was no visible sign of damage or cause of the noise, at least now there should be something I can see. I'll just order and replace the parts that need to be and repair it and run it. I've spent probably well over $10k trying to make this transmission work behind this engine and starting over with anything else would be dumb, the transmission itself is easily up to the task and when working properly really is a joy to drive (unlike an R154 that shifts like a dump truck and won't support the power level I'm shooting for anyways)

Transmission is all fixed up, the counter shaft that Tremec said there was nothing wrong with decided to start cracking and one of the teeth broke and bent an input shaft tooth. So $1000usd in parts later (zero warranty from Tremec) I rebuilt the trans myself. Not even 200km since it came back saying there was nothing wrong, almost every tooth on the counter shaft 4th gear has hairline fractures through it

D98A04A0-6E37-4A08-A6DE-2BC77BA1A746.jpg

lots of changes this year

all new front framerails, new turbo locations, new manifolds/downpipes, intercoolers, radiator etc

this pic was with the single front mount intercooler
63E01C44-CD40-479B-BF78-8BE6453E90FB.jpg

twin sidemounts now
C6B49347-1768-474B-BB8F-67AD6FF4BE25.jpg

100% stock unopened early engine(forged engine is getting some upgrades)
28ECB2D3-7414-40EC-8D41-02EECD2A9CA1.jpg

Man, I love this monster! Absolutely great work!
I'm happy to see some more pictures and results...

Is there a big difference in IAT between the old intercooler setup vs the new side mounts?

How much Boost do you running? 26.8 psi at the Dyno, right?

Man, I love this monster! Absolutely great work!
I'm happy to see some more pictures and results...

Is there a big difference in IAT between the old intercooler setup vs the new side mounts?

How much Boost do you running? 26.8 psi at the Dyno, right?

That 690whp was at 16psi of boost, I haven't really checked IAT's as a comparison but on four dyno pulls within 15minutes, the last run started at approx 15degreesF over ambient and only climbed about 6degreesF, that's with no fan on the car from the dyno.

The actual Intercooler cores are the same as all I did was cut the old core in half and build new end tanks, but the overall affect on the cooling system itself will be huge by removing that great big airflow restriction from in front of the radiator

What's the main reason why you change the intercooler setup? Water temp issues?

A few reasons, primarily for the better airflow into the radiator but also aesthetic cause the Intercooler was just way to huge and ugly sticking out front. Now I can run a stock grill setup and it looks way cleaner now

Oh, great numbers with only 16psi! That's awesome!
Which cams do you have?
Ok. Good idea to split the intercooler.
I know that radiator problem and fixed it with the hydraulic fan. But your idea is a lot better if you have enough room for a side mount setup.

Oh, great numbers with only 16psi! That's awesome!
Which cams do you have?
Ok. Good idea to split the intercooler.
I know that radiator problem and fixed it with the hydraulic fan. But your idea is a lot better if you have enough room for a side mount setup.

Those numbers are a 100% unopened high mileage stock 1994 ls400 engine. Only thing I did was clean it up and paint the valve covers. Stock cam's, headgaskets, bolts etc

Well I figured it was time to finally make this thing capable of putting all that power to the ground

Out comes the scabbed together 8" axle, this things been through the wringer a few times, tearing link mounts in half multiple times LOL

591EC671-30AC-4B25-87FA-ABC62A440F9E.jpg

Cleaned it down to the bare housing
D30DEC75-254F-4AA8-857A-1F2187CF75FF.jpg

Built a watts link locator to replace the panhard rod, this will keep the axle Centered to the body throughout the suspension stroke and prevent it from unsettling the tires through corners
10339E9D-A650-4B73-839C-C9270285EF2A.jpg

Added the competition engineering parallel 4-link brackets and added some braces to the rear. This setup should hopefully give me the best of both worlds, traction in a straight line when I want it and with a quick damper setup change it should allow me some great cornering too!
7DA5B811-CD42-47EF-9848-BAF5D9670321.jpg

I forgot to take some pics yesterday of the giant hole in the rear of the car where the new chromoly tubular frame rails and crossmember will be.

Got the frame rails and mounts in

4F4F0B6B-A628-4761-B601-F534E0C0FE76.jpg

Shocks, watts link, and some reinforcement braces tacked on
C2C06B88-AB20-4C17-A63E-FC3A5A194DD7.jpg

Added a couple cross braces
DB989739-75FA-4C3B-BA78-F00A797178FB.jpg

Couple more bars to add, then burn all the tubes in with the TIG, and then start adding some sheet metal to close it all in

I'm guessing there's more than a few on this board that (like me), can only shake their heads in wonder at the skills and perseverance some people have in pulling this kind of project together.

You've done incredibly well. I love the look of the car (and the rims + stance are awesome!)

Congrats to you on a great job! I'm as envious (of both your skills and the end result) as hell!

Hate to wake up a dead thread, but this thing is insane. With how peppy my RA24 is with stock ECU, I cannot imagine what near triple the power numbers would feel like. Beautiful car! I hope shes still rolling around somewhere