'72 RA21 Coupe, 1uzfe and Single Turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Done a fair bit of work lately, cut out all the rusty bits of rocker panels and opened up the wheel arches to fit the new toysport fender flares. Currently spacers in the back and longer boxed control arms up front. All new steering parts: inner/outer tie rods, ball joints, aw11 rack that doesn't have a dead spot in the middle etc.

Still have to lower the rear about 2 1/2", currently wearing stock rear springs
bfdbce15.jpg

28cb624f.jpg

d95778ac.jpg

Longer control arms
4f4a8795.jpg

just realized i havent updated in awhile

had a new flywheel made up, 4140 chromo

22ea5fd9.jpg

to house this clutch, tilton 7.25" triple plate for 26spline chevy input

dd7d9f13.jpg

for this transmission, tremec t56 magnum close ratio box

b2321b6c.jpg

picture of it in the car with framework for sheetmetal

2927b939.jpg

here is most of it done, I made a 1piece aluminum cover for easy access

3e3a5a74.jpg

More updates please. Have you run it on another dyno or just the one? These horsepower numbers are CRAZY high for 12 psi. I'm not doubting just shocked & looking at your setup to see why your getting such good numbers. Maybe you've just achieved the perfect combo of turbo and manifold back pressure into the turbo regardless of them being log style manifolds. What size tubing did you use into the turbo??
Great build, can't wait for more updates.

finally got to run it on another dyno after switching to the .81AR turbine housing and i was correct in my guess that the dyno read high with the 0.48AR, most guys when they swap to the bigger housings usually pick up 40-50hp well with the new dyno I was down to 508whp first pull and by the 5th pull i was back up to 534whp uncorrected(580ish corrected)

I still dont have my new intake manifold on the car yet due to some issues with my transmission swap but the trans is back with tremec right now and I should have it back next week and hope to have it all back and running soon

Steve

Just realized I haven't updated this in a long time, here's today's update if I remember I'll come back and fill in what's missing for the last year and a half

New adapter plates, custom 4140 cromo flywheel to run LSx sized clutch (spec stg4)
D1B2295B-9C82-4077-90B9-51433FAB24D4.jpg

Tremec t56 magnum, QuickTime scatter shield
4321565F-6878-452C-BD41-0DF82EED0573.jpg

Mostly located and starting and building motor mounts

3EA3E195-73E1-4862-80C3-8F239F85943C.jpg

That is officially awesome, great work.

You should come and join the Toymods forum. They will love this and a great forum for general old skool toyota know how and parts sourcing.

I'd actually joined a couple times and then like a month later have my account deleted for"not adhering to forum guidelines" without posting a single thing etc. I dunno I gave up

Steve

I've been following this on ziptied also (I build the 24 hours of lemons cars with Crab_Spirits) and have used this as a large source of motivation.

Awesome job.

I've been following this on ziptied also (I build the 24 hours of lemons cars with Crab_Spirits) and have used this as a large source of motivation.

Awesome job.

Thanks man! God I love the met-sho! Well and his mustang (if I'm thinking the right guy) I've got a restored 65 coupe w/302 in it

Thanks man! God I love the met-sho! Well and his mustang (if I'm thinking the right guy) I've got a restored 65 coupe w/302 in it

Metsho is running the 24 hours of lemons in joliet at the end of the month, Subaru 360 w/ the CBR 954rr motor is going to be his fun daily, he's got the Grip Gambler Z31, the Cressida w/ the Laurel front end, and then his daily driver Scion Bb.

I have a 5 speed Saturn LS2... and this God awful 1uz project. Picked up the rest of the engine parts that were at Crab's (legitimately what everyone in the World calls him) shop tonight and he's like, "sooooo you're getting that Holley intake right..." Haha.