'72 RA21 Coupe, 1uzfe and Single Turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
it may start choking up around the 600rwhp mark. we had problems with .63 housings over 650rwhp/21psi on 98-octane. E85 will be even worse. with bigger housings we picked up around 50-70rwhp all the way thru. converter made a big difference also, went from 500ft-lbs to 680ft-lbs when going to a Neal Chance converter.

BLK40TTorque.jpg

Last edited:
it may start choking up around the 600rwhp mark. we had problems with .63 housings over 650rwhp/21psi on 98-octane. E85 will be even worse. with bigger housings we picked up around 50-70rwhp all the way thru. converter made a big difference also, went from 500ft-lbs to 680ft-lbs when going to a Neal Chance converter.

Your .63 housings were choking at 650whp on a twin turbo setup? I'm only running a single pte billet 6262, if I'm understanding what you're saying I'm even more confused. As I'd figured my single .58 would already be too small to handle the 4.0l of displacement.

I'm only planning on running 500-525whp as I don't want to push my luck on a completely on-opened motor (haven't even pulled the valvecovers) by looking at my current gains I'm hoping to hit my hp goal at only 12-13psi. Shouldn't be too hard as I'm already in the process of swapping to an r154 and only running 8psi right now (9psi wastegate spring, 8psi at intake or 1psi of pressure drop through intercooler)

Your .63 housings were choking at 650whp on a twin turbo setup? I'm only running a single pte billet 6262, if I'm understanding what you're saying I'm even more confused. As I'd figured my single .58 would already be too small to handle the 4.0l of displacement.

I'm only planning on running 500-525whp as I don't want to push my luck on a completely on-opened motor (haven't even pulled the valvecovers) by looking at my current gains I'm hoping to hit my hp goal at only 12-13psi. Shouldn't be too hard as I'm already in the process of swapping to an r154 and only running 8psi right now (9psi wastegate spring, 8psi at intake or 1psi of pressure drop through intercooler)

i thought u had twins. they weren't choking bad till about 800rwhp (about 400hp each) the turbo's however were only rated to 550hp.

Last edited:
i thought u had twins. they weren't choking bad till about 800rwhp (about 400hp each) the turbo's however were only rated to 550hp.

Ok, ya this 6262 is rated to 670hp but I've seen dumps
Of them doing 740awhp on an Evo motor lol but yeah I think between a new intake manifold, manual trans and 4-5psi I should be able to hit my hp target

Yay 4 days shipping (from auckland new zealand to southern alberta) and this arrived today!
3b25634c.jpg
Billet flywheel and custom carbon kevlar clutch, pressure plate says 3230lb clamping force and is supposed to be good for 700hp

old automatic is out, swapped the ring gear onto the new flywheel and should have everything back in the car tommorow. Would be driving it tommorow with the 5spd but my luck ran out and the driveshaft is going to be 3" too short, fuck! oh well guess i'll be having a new one built again lol
oh yeah shot this last week
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v8HI3bL6WE&feature=player_embedded

Went Drag racing again today
best run of the day [email protected] with a 1.93 60foot.
hankook street tires, no cage lol
theres a 10.60 in it pretty easy with some sticky tires

Great Job! Love the stance of the car and your setup. Did you gain any hp with the new intake manifold? Or did you run those numbers with the first dyno numbers? Have you weighed your car yet?

Keep up the great work bro.:)

Great Job! Love the stance of the car and your setup. Did you gain any hp with the new intake manifold? Or did you run those numbers with the first dyno numbers? Have you weighed your car yet?

Keep up the great work bro.:)

Intake Mani hasn't been done yyet, that was a dead stock motor but running 12psi. Original dyno was done at 8psi. Doing the math for 8psi vs 12psi, 1/4 mile MPH and weight it should be making in the neighborhood of 450whp@12psi uncorrected or 485-490corrected to sealevel

numbers with intake manifold and 15psi should hopefully be 550whp uncorrected which should net me a 9.95sec which is my goal for this car

steve

Math was incorrect apparently lol, stock intake manifold still 573whp/599.5ftlbs@12psi on 94 octane pump gas, sea level corrected btw, incorrect at 2900ft elevation was 524/549